Update question

Software update news and release notes.
coors

Update question

Post by coors »

Hi
Earlier I asked about multi rider and am following up on the question
Do you have any plans of implementing a multi rider ability ?
It would be a great feature if you could have more than one person in the household, riding the software at the same time.
Example, since this software needs a fairly sophisticated graphics card to run, these cards have dual screen output
On the dual screen output you can set each screen to see something differently, extension of the screen to two screens rather than mirror the primary screen
2 instances of veloreality can be launched, each on their own screen and each with their own preferences. Then 2 people can ride together on the same ride, or on different rides.
The dashboards would be unique to each rider or each rider would see their dashboard and the other users dashboard.
I guess the other question would be if you purchased another copy of the rides you wanted to do together and load them on the same machine and then launch each one individually. This would be a less satisfactory solution for the end uses, but whatever!
Lastly when I set up a different instance of the veloreality executable and put in my spouses information and then launch the instance it reports that the software is not registered. I tried this a couple of different ways and did not work and just gave up on it What do I need to do to make this work. Only one person using the software at a time each one with their own executable
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Update question

Post by admin »

It would be a great feature if you could have more than one person in the household, riding the software at the same time.
Example, since this software needs a fairly sophisticated graphics card to run, these cards have dual screen output

While having "sophisticated video card" never hurts the software runs just fine on modern Intel integrated graphics. Currently we have no plans produce version where you can run 2 instances with split screen. I might add option to allow multiple simultaneous instances of application. Currently if it detects that another instance already running it just brings it to front. From there it is up to you how you use it.
but whatever!

Lastly when I set up a different instance of the veloreality executable and put in my spouses information and then launch the instance it reports that the software is not registered. I tried this a couple of different ways and did not work and just gave up on it What do I need to do to make this work. Only one person using the software at a time each one with their own executable

Create an account for her on Veloreality's site (it is free) and have her login into software with her new credentials
VeloReality Forum Administrator
coors

Post by coors »

“I might add option to allow multiple simultaneous instances of application. Currently if it detects that another instance already running it just brings it to front. From there it is up to you how you use it.
but whatever! “

First off
thank you for your response

Some of these issues we have already addressed.
I have a lynx trainer and it takes precedence over other trainers in VeloReality. Therefore I cannot have another instance of a different trainer, Kickr, on the same computer with the Lynx connected when using Veloreality(BTW it works seamlessly with Ergvideo. Thanks to you)
Even when I have completely disconnected the Lynx trainer from the computer and set up a completely new user account it does not work. This was done by copying an instance of the Veloreality executable into its own folder and then registered new credentials and tried to add a Kicker. I am able to pair the kicker, heart rate etc. The videos will load. Keep in mind, the Lynx is completely disconnected, there will still be no interaction with the kicker and Veloreality. I have tried multiple different iterations of configurations and getting the video to load was the furthest I have ever gotten.

It would be a great feature if you could run multiple instances of your program and allow different trainers to access the program, both locally and remotely.

One of the questions that was not addressed was the following “
“I guess the other question would be if you purchased another copy of the rides you wanted to do together and load them on the same machine and then launch each one individually. This would be a less satisfactory solution for the end uses, but whatever! “

Here was, I guess, your answer
Admin: Currently if it detects that another instance already running it just brings it to front. From there it is up to you how you use it.
but whatever!

You did not really answer my question on how to get a Lynx trainer set up with different trainer.
Let me ask you this question before committing.

I will use a completely different computer.
Download the Vride software.
Use the previously registered new user and associate that with a different computer
Purchase a video or collection or a grand tour and load it on the new computer with a completely different trainer.
Both of us then use the same video and hit group ride
Will this work or will I have to beta test this feature?

NEXT

Admin: “While having "sophisticated video card" never hurts the software runs just fine on modern Intel integrated graphics “

Choosing computer
Post by admin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:35 am
The software generally behaves like a game in regards to demanding computer resource. Recommended minimum configuration is 2 (better 4) core Intel processor at 2GHz and more with 4GB (again more is better) of RAM and with dedicated graphics card (nVidia with 2GB and more memory being 1st choice at least for now). :!: Some integrated graphics from Intel works fine some is not and their drivers are iffy, generally discrete graphics from nVidia/AMD works way better then Intel.. :!:

Extra note for small factor PCs, MS surface, Zotac, etc. Some of them work just fine and some start to overheat with time, due to the heavy load the software places on the graphics system. Especially when doing 4K.

The best way is to get hardware that is specifically marked as MID RANGE GAMING PC/Laptop/whatever.

Many stores that sell PC provide return policy so you can actually try the system, run it for a couple of hours in "test mode" (there is a button for it) on some video with and see if it performs ok and does not overheat.

It is always good to have some extras juice in the system as we will keep adding more run-time features.
Veloreality Forum Administrator

I must have misinterpreted your recommendations.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

All issues are sorted by live support
VeloReality Forum Administrator