1.5.0.151 - virtual brakes

Software update news and release notes.
admin
Site Admin

1.5.0.151 - virtual brakes

Post by admin »

We did lots of filming on super narrow winding or just very busy village roads in Italy where filming car had to go much slower then calculated speed of bike. This situation occurs more often comparatively to say empty Utah roads.

If your system does not have enough power to process higher video frames per second value caused by such case it is starting to lag behind. The software detects such situation and turns on virtual brakes. This turning on virtual brakes is indicated by numbers going pink on odometer. Consider those a gusts of wind (at least this is how software tries to model it). Sometimes that is not enough and the system might still do hard jump to a proper video position as it was doing before but not very often.

I will update user guide shortly.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Bradox78

Re: 1.5.0.51 - virtual brakes

Post by Bradox78 »

Version 1.5.0.151 is the correct number, isn'it ? ;)
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
admin
Site Admin

Re: 1.5.0.151 - virtual brakes

Post by admin »

Yes, sorry for typo
Calmman

Post by Calmman »

When riding Corsica the virtual brakes turns in in some places when going from downhill to uphill.I dont't think it feels realistics and I cant compare the race to my older races. Is it possible to make it an option to be able to turn it off. Another change in the software that I dont like is that the pacers are moved up hiding the profile of grades, why is that?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Another change in the software that I don't like is that the pacers are moved up hiding the profile of grades, why is that?

Because I can. ;) Just kidding. It is a bug and I just fixed it. Thanks for reporting. The release will have to wait few days as our code signing certificate did expire and I just submitted application for renewal.

When riding Corsica the virtual brakes turns in in some places when going from downhill to uphill.I dont't think it feels realistics and I cant compare the race to my older races. Is it possible to make it an option to be able to turn it off.

Since I could not push out the fix immediately because of certificate I will most likely add this option to a coming update. As already said, wait a couple of days
Calmman

Post by Calmman »

Do you know when the virtual break option will come? Thank you for fixing the pacers bug.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Calmman wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:02 am Do you know when the virtual break option will come? Thank you for fixing the pacers bug.
Soon. I'll try to release it next week
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Calmman wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:02 am Do you know when the virtual break option will come? Thank you for fixing the pacers bug.
Ok. The feature is released. By default Virtual Brake is on but you can disable it in Settings/Grade reduction/Virtual Brake