Software update news and release notes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Added – Some newly discovered ANT+ trick. Should in theory eliminate/reduce signal drops for KICKR trainers working over ANT+
VeloReality Forum Administrator
jppowers

Re: 1.2.0.62

Post by jppowers »

Selecting the upgrade button at bottom of window causes an error message with only the words "Error Message" and the Red X. After that the program will not work. Clicking through to exit the program causes a memory access violation in windows. I had to delete the new .exe and rename the .old file back to .exe to revert back.
Overall I like the program but there are a few funny things that happen from time to time such as stalling for 5-10 seconds and when it comes back it is no longer controlling the Kickr. It is in a constant resistance mode then. This has happened with a few different courses.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 1.2.0.62

Post by admin »

jppowers wrote:Selecting the upgrade button at bottom of window causes an error message with only the words "Error Message" and the Red X. After that the program will not work. Clicking through to exit the program causes a memory access violation in windows. I had to delete the new .exe and rename the .old file back to .exe to revert back.
Overall I like the program but there are a few funny things that happen from time to time such as stalling for 5-10 seconds and when it comes back it is no longer controlling the Kickr. It is in a constant resistance mode then. This has happened with a few different courses.
Sorry I botched it. What happens is that the the login in your user settings is too long. Must be less then 16 chars or shorter in some cases because of unicode. It used to work but due for whatever reasons I had to enforce the limit. I forgot to change error message to something more meaningful.

Anyone who encounters such message should do the following:

1) Go to your "data\users\your_old_login\rides_export" folder and copy your TCX files to some safe place
2) Delete your data folder. You will loose your personal settings and ANT+ settings but those will take just a minute to reenter
3) Launch the software again and let it update from the Internet (you should do so even if running the latest version)
4) Create user with shorter login, enter your settings
5) Save this user
6) Quit program
7) You may now copy saved TCX filest to newly created "data\users\your_new_login\rides_export" folder

This is it.

I will put new version that will deal with the problem properly.

As for your stalling problem.

1) First can you provide me with your system specs CPU, RAM, Video Card? If it is good enough I will help you to sort out the problem.
VeloReality Forum Administrator