Software update news and release notes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1) Fixed a little bug that affected Paterberg ride elevation data.

2) Real time display options, behavior changed. Real time display is controlled by pressing numerical keys "1","2","3","4","0" on keyboard, remote IR control/etc.

Key-1 - Controls numerical data display. Repeatedly pressing this key switches from car dashboard like data display and simple single line numerical boxes.

Key-2 - Controls display of road profile. Pressing it repeatedly cycles through the following states

a) Dual Profile with short 100 meters each way section and full length profile section
b) Dual Profile with longer 1000 meters each way section and full length profile section (in this state profile background has blueish tint)
c) Single Profile with short 100 meters each way section
d) Single Profile with short 1000 meters each way section. (in this state profile background has blueish tint)
e) Single Profile with full length profile section.
f) Profiles are off. In this state segment section is off as well.

Key-3 - Pressing it repeatedly cycles turns on/off display of segment information and icons representing your previous performances and live racers. It does not affect display of Avatars.

Key-4 - Pressing it repeatedly enables/disables display of live racers nicknames in segment information section.

Key-0 - Repeatedly pressing it toggles between last display state and video only display.

Screenshots and more detailed description is available in users guide
VeloReality Forum Administrator
matticoops

Re: 1.5.0.43

Post by matticoops »

Video very clear and smooth- I like the new road profiles. :D However every few minutes the program stops and says "stop and select video"- if you keep cycling it then restarts- it mainly seems to do this when Phil has slowed down or speeded up eg overtaking another bike, going round corner etc... This is happening when going along about 12-15km/hr - putting out 250-300 watts on sa calobra .... :? It did not do this on the last version- also to instal I had to delete the old version and reinstall from scratch otherwise it crashed when opening the program...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

However every few minutes the program stops and says "stop and select video"- if you keep cycling it then restarts

That means there is a connection drops in ANT+ signal. Did anything change in your setup? What was your last version before that and when was your last successful ride?

instal I had to delete the old version and reinstall from scratch otherwise it crashed when opening the program

That is a bug and I'd really like to investigate. Did you keep the backup last install or you deleted it? If yes contact me for live support and I will find out what is happening.
KeithD

Post by KeithD »

I have a short ride with Kathrine and it worked well. No problems at all. It was easy to see and the choice of profile was great. When near by the full 1000 meter was good. If further away swapped to duel or full course.
No problems with stopping like matticoops.
It makes it much better to ride with other riders. Lets hope we can get more on.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No problems with stopping like matticoops.

I do not think his stopping problem has anything to do with the update. No ANT+ code was touched. What most likely did happen is this: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=228 and has nothing to do with the bugs.

It makes it much better to ride with other riders. Lets hope we can get more on.

Well I did my part ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

matticoops wrote:...However every few minutes the program stops and says "stop and select video"- if you keep cycling it then restarts...
I do not think your video pausing has anything to do with update. The update did not touch ANT+ code at all. Most likely you are dealing with this issue: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=228 . Check it out and make sure you do not fall into that situation
matticoops

Post by matticoops »

Thanks. It could well be the heart rate monitor. I rode with it last time with the problem and not the time before. I will try changing the battery as you suggest. Did however have a brief go on zwift and did not happen on that with the heart rate monitor attached. I will let you know what happens.. Unfortunately I deleted the old file. I would imagine it was the preceding copy as I update each time you issue an update and have been riding a fair bit recently. Thank you again for the degree of support you offer on this program. It is very refreshing... Best wishes Matt
matticoops

Post by matticoops »

Excellent!! All works perfectly. Clear, crisp smooth video- true virtual reality. Best virtual ride yet. -No drop outs at all. Thanks :D :D
lemppari

Post by lemppari »

I had today a similar issue as matticoops did. I am using Kickr Snap with ANT+ connection. No other ANT+ devices. Bluetooth stuff goes to Polar (Kickr, HR, Cadenza). I am using a two meter extended cable for my Suunto Movestick Mini and the Suunto is about 30 cm from the Kickr. Previously there has been no "Stop and select video" pauses, but today there were a couple with the new software version. I have had power droppings to zero just for a fraction of second before and they have been connected to one leg drillouts (I know my pedal technique sucks, I am on old man... :)), but never before software has stopped the exercise before. It really isn't a big deal, it will restart rather quickly, but perhaps there is something changed still.

Another issue I noticed is missing of the previous excercise circles in the street view. I admit I was confused with the new functionality of the keyboard shortcuts 0-4 and didn't check the release notes at the time. I did get the triangles displayed ok in segments, but no circles. Maybe I need to check that again while knowing what the numbers are supposed to do.

And yet another question. Are videos from "CORSICA, CAP CORSE, FR – PARTS 1 TO 3" available as 720 versions? I am almost ready to make another purchase. This program is just great. First time I rode I almost raised my hand to salute the cyclist coming towards me... :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

matticoops wrote:...Did however have a brief go on zwift and did not happen on that with the heart rate monitor attached...
Zwift and our software are using slightly different approach when working with ANT+. Each has it's own pluses and minuses. I think what I will do in the future is to ignore the situation when signal is lost from non primary sensors (primary being smart trainer or power meter if it is used as a power source). In this case as long as primary is ok if I get signal from the rest then fine if not I will not try to recover as I can still continue the ride based on primary sensor.