Software update news and release notes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Software registration is now required. Just enter your email/password you've used for Veloreality web store. If you already did so previously when registering for online riding just re enter the same data again. Sorry about that.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
charliedurrant

Re: 1.5.0.30

Post by charliedurrant »

Hi,

I haven't had a great experience with the latest update. As soon as it updated, I then could not use anything, got some message TexEavCollectionID does not exist and then I couldn't do anything in the app.

Nothing worked - so I deleted the data folder and the exe and started again. Reminded me of the TTS days - sorry I had to say it.

I then had to login - is the system now online only? I hope not, I could create users before, does a user now have to register? My son doesn't have an email, do we now need email addresses just to create users. The trainer is an a shop, before I just added a user, set the weight and we're good to go - all offline.

Charlie
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

charliedurrant wrote:I haven't had a great experience with the latest update. As soon as it updated, I then could not use anything, got some message TexEavCollectionID does not exist and then I couldn't do anything in the app.
Nothing worked - so I deleted the data folder and the exe and started again. Reminded me of the TTS days - sorry I had to say it.
Long time ago there was a bug that had caused data corruption in settings. this had caused settings conversion failure for some users. All you had to do and it was posted somewhere else on the forum is delete ..\v_ride.x64.exe\data\v_ride.data file and re-enter your settings (weight/ftp/etc and pair your ANT+ trainer/sensor). Not a big deal. If you did not delete data folder all of your previous data, tcx files would've been kept.

While we take a credit for very low failure rate THERE ARE NO BUG FREE programs. What we do is in case of any troubles you can pickup the phone/use Skype and get immediate help and the thing would be fixed live usually in few minutes. The info on how to get instant (90% of the time ) live help is on forum as well. Does that remind you much of TTS/their service?
charliedurrant wrote:I then had to login - is the system now online only? I hope not, I could create users before, does a user now have to register? My son doesn't have an email, do we now need email addresses just to create users. The trainer is an a shop, before I just added a user, set the weight and we're good to go - all offline.
You only need to be online for initial registration/update after that you can happily unplug network cable. The system that allowed creation of multiple "local" users and having online login as well came into big conflict with our further development goals.
You can still create multiple users, they just have to have a registration in our web store which is completely free. If your son does not have the email you can either supply fake one or get him a real one. Either is free. Or create a single registered user like my_dear_bike_shop and just ask users to not forget to change their weight and run under single account. They can still get their TCX files and submit it under their names to whatever online services of their choice.

Finally you seem to have very specific requirements targeted towards the bike shop/little club you are running. If that is the case then you represent something that is far enough from our regular type of client. We are dealing with the couple of bike stores now and trying to extract some commonality and see if it deserves special set of features. You are free to participate with constructive requirements.
charliedurrant

Post by charliedurrant »

admin wrote: Long time ago there was a bug that had caused data corruption in settings. this had caused settings conversion failure for some users. All you had to do and it was posted somewhere else on the forum is delete ..\v_ride.x64.exe\data\v_ride.data file and re-enter your settings (weight/ftp/etc and pair your ANT+ trainer/sensor). Not a big deal. If you did not delete data folder all of your previous data, tcx files would've been kept.

While we take a credit for very low failure rate THERE ARE NO BUG FREE programs. What we do is in case of any troubles you can pickup the phone/use Skype and get immediate help and the thing would be fixed live usually in few minutes. The info on how to get instant (90% of the time ) live help is on forum as well. Does that remind you much of TTS/their service?
I was just making a point that I have lost all the user profiles. And that is a fair point to make is it not?
admin wrote: All you had to do and it was posted somewhere else on the forum is delete ..\v_ride.x64.exe\data\v_ride.data
How did I know that? The software should post a message saying sorry, the data can not be retained etc, again, should it not?

admin wrote: While we take a credit for very low failure rate THERE ARE NO BUG FREE programs. What we do is in case of any troubles you can pickup the phone/use Skype and get immediate help
Agreed no software is bug free and I did post previously about arranging a time to talk about a previous comment but you never replied. We're in different time zones so there needs to be some form or arrangement.

Ive
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

charliedurrant wrote:I was just making a point that I have lost all the user profiles. And that is a fair point to make is it not?
If your profile included big set of important data impossible/difficult to recover I would agree but then again I would never allow something like that. You lost user weight and FTP value that take a second to type again so you did not really loose anything. So no it is not even remotely fair to compare the two. To me it looks like totally uncalled for and non constructive shot.

As for new login system, well we just need it. IF you want us to cater to a need of small bike club I already said you are welcome to make some proposal which we can discuss/consider.
charliedurrant wrote:How did I know that? The software should post a message saying sorry, the data can not be retained etc, again, should it not?
As I already said it was not supposed to happen, so it is a bug. Sorry about it. It was mentioned in http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=166 . I admit it is not be first thing to look in but all it take is email/phone/skype call for you to ask for help. Forum works as well but it is not my main way of talking to customers. On top of everything it is very good idea to keep your data backed up if you value it ("data" folder in this particular case). Otherwise you have 100% guarantee of loosing it one day. And if you did have backup all you had to do again ask for my help and I would've helped you to restore.

As for time shift I am normally available from 7AM to 12AM Eastern Time. Maybe not every minute but you should be able to catch me. Or send me request for particular time and I will most likely confirm.

Ive[/quote]
KeithD

Post by KeithD »

I had this problem when I was sorting out Katherines computer last night, It was also saying cannot use duplicates and was hanging I had to use the task manager to close the program. After reading this I deleted the file and reentered her user and all was fine. Only complaint is it could be made a sticky post for the information for people suffering the same problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

KeithD wrote:I had this problem when I was sorting out Katherines computer last night, It was also saying cannot use duplicates and was hanging I had to use the task manager to close the program. After reading this I deleted the file and reentered her user and all was fine. Only complaint is it could be made a sticky post for the information for people suffering the same problem.
Done. http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=171
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bump