New Video Release Schedule

General discussion of the ride videos.
ralph j

New Video Release Schedule

Post by ralph j »

I have been watching planned new videos on the uk site and hoping they will show up for sale soon. Can you give us any idea of the release schedule and distribution plans?

I am hoping that you will have a group release and we can purchase the option with them all on a couple of SD cards or a drive again. It would save many days of downloading and an unhappy ISP. (we are kind of in the boonies).

Thanks
VeloReality Video

Re: New Video Release Schedule

Post by VeloReality Video »

Most of the rides are finished, we are just now figuring out a few things as we would like to simplify the way we sell them. But for sure when they are available you will be able to buy them on a Hard drive. probably with a voucher to unlock them at a slightly discounted price.
Croptop

Post by Croptop »

Let me add my +1 to the hope that the new videos will be released soon. Just about to enter "indoor riding season" here and I'll soon be looking for some new rides.

Just a tangential request: because I'm lazy, I would love it if, when logged in, the VeloReality Store would let me filter the list of available videos to only show me the ones that I don't already own.
VeloReality Video

Croptop wrote:
Just a tangential request: because I'm lazy, I would love it if, when logged in, the VeloReality Store would let me filter the list of available videos to only show me the ones that I don't already own.
Thats a great idea, I guess if your logged in we know what you have already, the plan is to actually use V-Ride software as a kind of webshop, at least your going to eventually see a very cool way to navigate the rides, see who is riding where & also see if you already have the ride, how hard it is in detail & perhaps some ride images...if you do not have it then you could be taken direct to the payment screen ;)

Some new rides will start to filter out in the next week or so.
jesperth

Post by jesperth »

I tried to find and download the Mallorca Grand tour, but without success - has it not been released yet ?

In general I like the software and the videos, but the user experience is a little clunky, and finding my way around your websites is also challenging.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jesperth wrote:I tried to find and download the Mallorca Grand tour, but without success - has it not been released yet ?
In general I like the software and the videos, but the user experience is a little clunky, and finding my way around your websites is also challenging.
Can you tell us what is clunky exactly? Software/Website/Both? I will skip the issue of web sites for now since I am not the person to talk about this particular issue but if you're unhappy about software would you please do me a favor and tell me what you do not like in particular?
VeloReality Forum Administrator
jesperth

Post by jesperth »

Sure, here are my initial impressions, I've used Tacx software for a couple of years but have recently switched to a Kickr and mostly use Trainerroad. The Tacx software has been a horrible experience, Trainerroad is pretty much a benchmark for welldesigned software imo.

I'm trying Veloreality for the fun opportunity to ride some of the famous Cols with RLV:

Good :
- Video playback is smooth and stable
- Ant+ Interface to my Kickr also good and stable
- I love being able to copy everything to a harddrive an go (copy/paste install)
- Scaling system, though hard to figure out at first, is very well done
- In general the "math" seems to check out when I compare my rides

Suggestions :
- The "Settings" interface is a little hard to figure out. I managed to screw up the pairing of devices a couple of times.
- I have two Ant+ power meters (Vectors & Kickr) and actually use them both on Trainerroad where I can have it use the cadence from Vectors and Power from Kickr, that would be great to have
- I miss being able to tweak some display options on the "Ride" screen. Like showing %FTP, %HR, Cal instead of KJ
- I'd like a "pause" button on the ride display - or autopause on 0 power for X seconds.
- I'd love to be able to ride "against" a previous ride or a friends ride - there's an Avatars button on the Video screen, but I cant make it do anything
- Discovering and downloading videos isn't easy. As mentioned I am trying to get the Mallorca grand tour but can't figure out if it's available

All in all, I really like the software for the build quality and stability. Once I learn the features and the interface I'm sure I'll be using it a lot to supplement trainerroad.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The "Settings" interface is a little hard to figure out. I managed to screw up the pairing of devices a couple of times.
I have two Ant+ power meters (Vectors & Kickr) and actually use them both on Trainerroad where I can have it use the cadence from Vectors and Power from
Kickr, that would be great to have
-

Yes we do not currently allow for 2 power meters. After we've done with Internet features (riding together/racing) we will revisit
this part.

I miss being able to tweak some display options on the "Ride" screen. Like showing %FTP, %HR, Cal instead of KJ

1) 7 colored sections on speedometer outer arch correspond do Cogan's power zones (look it up on the Internet if you are not aware of those). Also middle of the arch corresponds to the FTP you've entered in your settings. I think at some point I will add dial ticks and numbers so you can see your exact percentage.
2) We will do something something with HR% as well. Thanks for suggestion
4) KJ roughly corresponds to Cal in REAL life. You can safely treat it as Cal keeping in mind that it depends on one's efficiency in converting metabolic energy to mechanical. This efficiency is very personal and can be different depending on internal and external factors but this is as precise as you can go without dragging personal laboratory with you on your ride. ;) The case when some devices show you 2000 Cal and 1000 KJ is woodo magic and pure marketing to make you feel good (eat more ;) )

I'd like a "pause" button on the ride display - or autopause on 0 power for X seconds.

It auto pauses on 0 power up until you come back. However if you come back too late (I have to look up the value of time that constitutes "too late") your resulting TCX file will be split into 2 activities.

I'd love to be able to ride "against" a previous ride or a friends ride - there's an Avatars button on the Video screen, but I cant make it do anything

You do not have to. Once you rode any of segments your performance on that segment is automatically recorded and next time you ride over that segment you will see/can race against your previous performances. Download and read the manual about segments to get better understanding.

Discovering and downloading videos isn't easy. As mentioned I am trying to get the Mallorca grand tour but can't figure out if it's available

As I said I am not the guy to talk about web site but I will make sure something will be done in this department. The generic advice for now is to not
look at http://veloreality.co.uk in regards to availability of rides but instead go to our official web site: http://veloreality.com and web store: http://veloreality.com/store. As for this particular ride I think it is coming out in few days.

All in all, I really like the software for the build quality and stability. Once I learn the features and the interface I'm sure I'll be using it a lot to supplement trainerroad.

Big thanks you for your detailed review and do not forget do download and read the "Software guide". Many useful details in there.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
VeloReality Video

I'd love to be able to ride "against" a previous ride or a friends ride - there's an Avatars button on the Video screen, but I cant make it do anything

The fastest way to see the avatars in action is to find a ride with a short segment (a short hill with a bar under it) ride that hill, stop go back to the menu, reset the ride & do it again starting just before the segment. As you get to the hill you will see your past performance as an avatar that will race you to the top....Just like a real life group ride!
jesperth

Post by jesperth »

Thanks for all the pointers. Very helpful - i do have the manual and have read it even if I can see from some of my questions it might not seem so :)