repeatability - do u get fed up?

General discussion of the ride videos.
Machoman121

repeatability - do u get fed up?

Post by Machoman121 »

Question - how many times have you ridden a veloreality ride? Do u get sick of it?

Is it novelty value or are there lasting values in a video.
bauer

Re: repeatability - do u get fed up?

Post by bauer »

I'll start by admitting I have a bias :)
from stats, we have riders who ride some of their rides 00's of times
these are indeed some of the holy places of cycling
whether you own Alpe d'Huez, or Stelvio, or Ventoux, Arches, Cranbrook, St Marten, or Mallorca (the list goes on)
It's free software, and the demo video is free.
9.95EU for a ride, less for tours and collections
There is lasting value in having your own file and the license to use it as often as you care to.
Give it a try :)
alejoviade

Post by alejoviade »

I actually find Velo Reality far less boring than Zwift, and or a couple of other VR softwares out there (let alone traineroad which is, in my opinion, for extrem3 hardcore riders who like extremelly structured training.... watching a green line move over a graph is not my idea of “fun or engaging). Nevertheles, those are good software too and in the end is a matter of personal choice or need.
The number of rides offered by Velo Reality is so big...I cannot see myself getting bored anytime soon
Lookrider

Post by Lookrider »

I don't find Veloreality videos boring at all, on the contrary and I'll agree with Alejoviade, it is definitely less boring than Swift. I started riding with Swift but found that A) it's not real (obviously) and B) it is far too busy as in, far too many riders. I generally ride by myself (I do like my own company...) and occasionally with a few selected friends so Veloreality is perfect for me. I have a Tacx Neo and kind of logically, when I gave up on Zwift, started using Tacx own software and videos. Verdict is: video quality is poor unless you watch them on a 13" or 15" screen and that's not immersive at all and then next, they cost an arm and a leg to buy. In comparison, you would probably get the equivalent of 2 Grand Tours with Veloreality for the price of one video from Tacx and for an inferior quality.
About 3 months ago, I decided to give Veloreality a go and I am now hooked. In my opinion though, you have to watch for a couple of things. A decent video card on your pc/laptop AND a screen as big as you can afford and then, it becomes really immersive. I ride in front of a 55" 4K screen which is already excellent but as soon as I can (without fearing a divorce...) I'll probably go even bigger. Like my local rides in Yorkshire that I have ridden time and again, I can ride the Veloreality rides again and again. Full marks for the chaps at VR.

Give it a go. Can't imagine that you'll be disappointed.