dumb question : purchasing 4K vids

General discussion of the ride videos.
HurdyGurdy

dumb question : purchasing 4K vids

Post by HurdyGurdy »

Hi,

Received the mails notifying us of the release of the Stelvio and Ventoux grand tours , available in 4K.
However i see no option anywhere to purchase the 4 K options. I also checked the HD purchase option and rides are not on there neither?

Could you provide some instructions how to get them in 4K

Regards!
admin
Site Admin

Re: dumb question : purchasing 4K vids

Post by admin »

We are currently preparing hard drives with European 4K content for sale (new 2017 Stelvio is a part of it). The first one will be released in a matter of days.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
bauer

Post by bauer »

This year we've got our rides ready and making them available for start of season :)
4K rides are ready, but due to file sizes, ~20-40+ GB, they are not available for download
If you buy any of the new rides in 1080, that will be applied as a full credit towards the same ride in 4K
normal 1080=9.95EU, same ride in 4K=14.95EU or equivalent in your chosen currency

within a week or two, we will have a product that you can select 4k videos for a hard drive:
1TB with any 20
1TB with any 30
2TB with any 40
2TB with any 50
2TB with any 60

if you have a special list, fill in the contact form and send it in...mention the new rides already purchased for a full discount

the 4K is simply stunning
polar_ninja

Post by polar_ninja »

admin wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:14 am We are currently preparing hard drives with European 4K content for sale (new 2017 Stelvio is a part of it). The first one will be released in a matter of days.
Will the release be announced in a mailing or on the website?
HurdyGurdy

Post by HurdyGurdy »

Pity they are not put up for download - Full FTTP so can download at 1gb , hence wouldn't take that long ;-)

Will keep an eye out for the posting of release - but reckon will need to test PC for compatibility i guess
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HurdyGurdy wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:07 am...but reckon will need to test PC for compatibility i guess...
That is easy. We provide free sample of 4K video to test performance. If you look our software page ( https://veloreality.com/products/trainer-software/ ) there is a button ( 4K Demo Video ) that links to that video to download - https://veloreality.com/product/bicente ... y-4k-demo/ . Make sure you read section of user guide dedicated to playing 4K content as it offers some tips related to performance.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
bauer

Post by bauer »

4K mix and match drive availability will be announced on the site and in a mailer
The next 4k ride to be announced will be Marmotte, and drives should be posted right around the same time or shortly afterwards.

About the downloads, even with 1GB, it starts to depend on peering agreements between ISPs, international locations, etc. and from our trials it's been more problems than mailing out hard drives, considering the file sizes.

Hope that helps.
Terry Neill

Post by Terry Neill »

So it's just a matter of time. Good to know!
I'm glad that for the first time there is a promotional bonus. Even this way I need that informative funky fruits slots review. The one who owns the information, owns the world, huh?
Machoman121

Post by Machoman121 »

Question - i can buy the hard drive option and get it delivered to Australia? What about postage?