Can I draft?

General discussion of the ride videos.
Dabber

Can I draft?

Post by Dabber »

I tried searching but could find an answer as to whether VeloReality sw/videos give a drafting effect like Bkool, Zwift?

I did a ride this afternoon and had 3 circles just in front of me (presumably from own previous attempts) from the off. I just sat in behind these for a while and it all seemed very easy, so not sure if I was getting a drafting effect or perhaps??? I'm just getting fitter, which would be nice.

Sorry if this is covered in the manual but I could see any reference to it.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I draft?

Post by admin »

Dabber wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:02 am...I just sat in behind these for a while and it all seemed very easy, so not sure if I was getting a drafting effect or perhaps??? I'm just getting fitter, which would be nice...
2 possible causes:

1) You were in a good mood today ;) Same happens to me. Sometimes it takes me 1:20:00 to waste my customary 1000kJ and in a worst case it took 1:50:00 with the average being 1:30:00 I think

2) Played with your settings, or your trainer was not in a good mood and did not report correct power and so was giving you a slack.

As for drafting: it is not possible in our software unless I am paid my weight in gold. ;) It is impossible to make work properly over the Internet and never worked for me neither in Zwift nor in Bkool and I really tried since if got good results in their software I would try to replicate it in mine

Drafting your own self makes no sense I think.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Dabber

Re: Can I draft?

Post by Dabber »

Thanks for the feedback. So, I reckon it may have been a couple of things...

I'd decided to take the first few miles easy (Flanders Hills) then try and put in a decent effort on Oude Kwaremont, take it easy again and have another dig on the Paterberg.
Seeing the circles in front of me right at the beginning I just kind of relaxed and forgot about pacing and sat just behind them... so psychological I think. Got into the first 100 yards or so of Kwaremont and decided to go past them.. could then see them receding so felt good... psychological. Took it easy on finishing Kwaremont and they came back past me.. followed them (easily) down into first few yards of Paterberg and went past them so felt good again.

I hadn't played with any settings recently. So perhaps a goodish day helped by a couple of psychological influences. It's all in the mind :roll: