Thumb Drive Combo Option?

General discussion of the ride videos.
barrett2474

Thumb Drive Combo Option?

Post by barrett2474 »

I know there is currently the option to buy the entire library and receiving a 50% discount.

I was thinking that perhaps you could offer a combo of say four rides - but shipped on a suitable thumb drive?

For those of us you want to pick and choose ;)

Cheers,

John
VeloReality Video

Re: Thumb Drive Combo Option?

Post by VeloReality Video »

barrett2474 wrote:I know there is currently the option to buy the entire library and receiving a 50% discount.

I was thinking that perhaps you could offer a combo of say four rides - but shipped on a suitable thumb drive?

For those of us you want to pick and choose ;)

Cheers,

John
Hi John

We are looking at SD card as a option which should be a little faster, easier to post & cheaper then USB drive (you would use a simple SD to USB dongle like you have for a camera if you have no built in reader), cost is the main issue & you highlighted another one of getting the correct choice on the card as obviously doing a pick & choose service would require more costs. The question is how much would you pay for a service like that? Or would you be cool with a selection we make....Another option is to offer a external USB3 Hard drive at cost price with the entire collection on it & you simply unlock to the rides you want via the webshop...simple solution & you get some hardware that you would probably need anyway..
barrett2474

Post by barrett2474 »

yeah i agree it would cost more. i say you can send out the lot for $40 and we pay and unlock what we need? just a ball park figure....
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

barrett2474 wrote:yeah i agree it would cost more. i say you can send out the lot for $40 and we pay and unlock what we need? just a ball park figure....
We decided to skip the idea of delivering a selection of rides on SD card DVD BluRay etc. Its better for everyone if the customer actually has the entire collection at that moment in time right in his home to chose from. So we will offer a small 2.5" USB3 1TB Hard drives soon with the collection on that with some vouchers at about the same price as normal retail for a empty drive. I would expect a list of about 80+ rides by next winter. If your riding a lot of different rides then this is going to be much cheaper for you in the long term. If you dont need an extra drive then you can just format it & sell it to a friend or use it for backups etc. This way we can bypass the internet!

The software will already be set up on the external drive so the whole thing is pure plug & play & it will work on any recent PC you plug the drive into including your licences. This is the way the software is designed to be, I cant say enough that starting a V-Ride collection on the C drive is a really bad idea, V-Ride software is made to run from a external hard drive or a separate drive that you can later move to another PC if you should upgrade. Everything should be on that drive, the exe the video & all your training data..Make a backup of that if you feel the need but if your OS should crash or you swicth to a different PC or laptop you can take your training with you by simply moving the external drive!

Obviously rides will still be available via the webshop, but the idea is the main bulk is there in your home & you can download new ones as they are made or just buy new drive each October ;)
barrett2474

Post by barrett2474 »

makes sense. i have already spent a bit so will not be updating until a fresh lot comes through.

definately going to do the bulk buy next time! :)