Video is jerky

General discussion of the ride videos.
Fasteddie

Video is jerky

Post by Fasteddie »

Hello
I am a newbie and I apologise if this has been asked and answered.
I do not have an ANT dongle (it is on order) so I can only access in test mode.
I have both of the demo videos. One is perfect in test mode and the other is Jerky. Toggling the performance between full and partial has no effect.
Is it possible to know which of the available videos are least likely to be jerky.
Thanks
Ed
admin
Site Admin

Re: Video is jerky

Post by admin »

What are the names of the videos? Are they located on the same drive? If the stuttering video is our 4K demo then your system simply might not be up to a task. Also submitting specs of your system CPU/CPU Speed/RAM/Videocard might help.

If you want you can ask for live help: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=94. This way we can look at your system in action and see if we can fix the issue.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Fasteddie

Post by Fasteddie »

Thank you for your reply
The demo D005_BE-The-Paterberg-lap.1080 is perfect but the demo D010_D4K_1_UT95.uhd is jerky.
I noticed that the perfect one is WMV and the jerky one is MP4. I know they are protected but would I be able to convert the mp4 to WMV.
My cpu is Intel i5-2450m and the display adapter is intel HD3000
Thanks
Ed
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fasteddie wrote:Thank you for your reply
The demo D005_BE-The-Paterberg-lap.1080 is perfect but the demo D010_D4K_1_UT95.uhd is jerky.
I noticed that the perfect one is WMV and the jerky one is MP4. I know they are protected but would I be able to convert the mp4 to WMV.
My cpu is Intel i5-2450m and the display adapter is intel HD3000
Thanks
Ed
D005_BE-The-Paterberg-lap.1080 is HD and D010_D4K_1_UT95.uhd is 4K. Playing 4K videos requires some horsepower and it seems that your system just can't handle smooth playback of 4K content. wmv and MP4 does not really matter much. I doubt that converting that to wmv will help you unless you lover the resolution during conversion which obviously defeats the purpose of 4K demo.
Fasteddie

Post by Fasteddie »

Thank you
I presume the description of each video will indicate if it is 4k.
On a completely separate topic. Is there any rule of thumb for difficulty level. 1 is obviously very easy and 100 is very hard but how can I gauge something in between.
Thanks
Ed
mfallon

Post by mfallon »

There are several algorithms out there for ranking difficulty however the problem with all rankings is that what is easier or more difficult is dependent on the individual. Sometimes a lower gradient but a longer distance will rank as more difficult than a shorter steeper climb. If you have really good endurance but not so great power you might find the higher ranked lower gradient climb easier. Where as someone with less endurance but high power will find the shorter steeper climbs easier. There's just no way to rate the difficulty accurately for all individuals so look at it as a very rough guide.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fasteddie wrote:Thank you
I presume the description of each video will indicate if it is 4k.
On a completely separate topic. Is there any rule of thumb for difficulty level. 1 is obviously very easy and 100 is very hard but how can I gauge something in between.
Thanks
Ed
It says right on a corresponding product page that it is:
"4K DEMO BICENTENNIAL SCENIC BYWAY"
with all the subsequent warnings/requirements about playing 4K videos.

Except the demo none of the other 4K videos are available for separate purchase/download.
You can only buy those as a bundle on hard drive that clearly states that it is 4K

We use one of the common algorithms for estimating difficulty of the ride,
I think this one: http://www.climbbybike.com/climb_difficulty.asp
How it translates to one's personal feeling I have no idea ;)
my guess it would be highly individual.
Fasteddie

Post by Fasteddie »

Thank you very much
Everything is now clear
Ed
Bradox78

Post by Bradox78 »

admin wrote:Playing 4K videos requires some horsepower and it seems that your system just can't handle smooth playback of 4K content.
Yep, You need a recent discrete graphic card (Geforce models : http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technol ... orted-gpus) or one of the latest Intel integrated graphic chipset (Iris Pro or new Kaby Lake or Apollo Lake chips for example) to handle 4K videos.

I have 2 machines equiped with very similar processors (Intel Core i5) having an identical level of performance, both have the same amount of memory (8 GB) and a 250 GB SSD internal drive.
What makes the difference is the GPU : the first one has a discrete Geforce 860M graphic card, the other has an Intel HD 5000 integrated graphic chipset. The Geforce 860M is a 4K capable GPU while the Intel HD5000 is completely unable to play 4K videos properly.
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
Diego Reyes

Post by Diego Reyes »

Can i run it on these settings: Processer:1,6 GHz Intel Core i5; Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB.

Maybe, depends on lots of factors. Software is free, so is demo video. Download and try.
I like playing free games online. This place can stand any sort of competition. I need those bonuses so I could fill my wallet every day. Wish me luck!