Creating my own ride

General discussion of the ride videos.
Dabber

Creating my own ride

Post by Dabber »

This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway..
I've just bought the Marmotte Grand Tour.
I can see that in my video list in VRide I have 5 videos - Marmottes 1 to 4 plus one of the complete course. That's great.
My question is... if I want to just ride, for example Marmotte2 and 3 do I just create a new ride by adding M2 and 3 and leave Vride to make a seamless link?
or
is is better to edit the complete course and just top and tail edit leaving the section I want to ride.

One of the reasons is that if I look at the elevation profile at the end of M2 and the starting elevation of M3 they don't seem to match.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating my own ride

Post by admin »

...I just create a new ride by adding M2 and 3 and leave Vride to make a seamless link ...

This is what you should do

...or is is better to edit the complete course and just top and tail edit leaving the section I want to ride...

The software will not let you edit courses automatically created by Veloreality

...One of the reasons is that if I look at the elevation profile at the end of M2 and
the starting elevation of M3 they don't seem to match...

Software takes care of that. It will on the fly shift altitude of the section being added
in such way that beginning of the section will have the same altitude as the end of the
previous section. This way you can create completely new course out of arbitrary
pieces of multiple videos without any worries about profile match.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Dabber

Re: Creating my own ride

Post by Dabber »

That's great, thanks a lot.