TACX Frustration!

General discussion of the ride videos.
rwajtb

TACX Frustration!

Post by rwajtb »

After tolerating the poor TACX software releases and support for many years, I finally decided to bite the bullet and go to the Wahoo Kickr with Kinomap. I had looked at the Lynx trainer, but I couldn't justify the price (it has since dropped to a somewhat more reasonable price). This was not an easy decision as I had quite an investment in TACX RLV videos (40+). I've found Kinomap to be okay, but found a lot of 'quality' problems with the 'user supplied' videos. Also, the grade percentages often didn't match the 'feel' that I was experiencing. I was using the Bluetooth interface.

I then decided to try the VeloReality software, which required me to change to ANT+. I purchased a Suunto ANT+ stick and a Garmin ANT+ HRM so I could try out the VR demos. After trying the demos I was hooked and purchased the Combo package from VR. I didn't have a single problem installing the software and I haven't had any problems running the software. The software design is great and very simple to use. The videos are the best quality I've ever seen, especially when experiencing them on a large screen TV.

For any former TACX users like me that experienced problem after problem with the software and support, this software actual works! You can actually do training and not spend all your time trying to figure out what went wrong with the latest TACX release. Sure, I miss not being able to ride some of my favorite TACX routes, but the VR videos definitely help ease the pain. Besides, the Combo pricing is still a fraction of the cost of TACX videos.
admin
Site Admin

Re: TACX Frustration!

Post by admin »

LOL. Thanks for kind words.
VeloReality Forum Administrator