Strava Segments

General discussion of the ride videos.
rkoch615

Strava Segments

Post by rkoch615 »

I noticed that almost every ride I do has Strava segments that show up on the ride but don't show up on Strava when the ride has been posted. Some segments show up on the posted rides, some do not. Not that it is a big deal just curious more than anything. Also, there are what appear to be segments under the strava segments on the rides but, I haven't figured out what they are or how to access them.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Strava Segments

Post by admin »

The segments (or so they called) you see in our software are of our own making. We did not pull those from Strava. However you are free to create segments on Strava that are mirroring ours or some of it. I understand that Phil (video guy) did some work in that direction. I guess other users can help him if interested.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

If you look at the thin colored bars under the profile often if there is a hill the top bar will be the segment for that hill (can also be say a 500m town sign sprint or a tunnel like in Lago d'Iseo for example) If its a hill or major climb there will probably be also a matching Strava segment. Any new rides I make will have a Strava segment that should perfectly match the one in VRide (the top bar often orange). Ive also made some Strava segments for many of the older rides...if Im 1st I can make it with "Veloreality - XX climb" as the name. Often if its a well known route it can have a Tacx segment name or a Cyclops one etc.
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

How do I get to the segments in VRide? I assume that is A VeloReality site similar to Strava but just for your videos.
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

rkoch615 wrote:How do I get to the segments in VRide? I assume that is A VeloReality site similar to Strava but just for your videos.
You cant add Strava segments to the videos, but almost every hill or mountain on most of the collection will have a matching segment that you can see represented in VRide software as a thin orange bar...there are also a whole bunch of other segment bars in different colours that represent computer generated arbertery distances but the top bar is normally reserved for the hills...now most of the new rides & many of the old ones the start & end of these segments will match the virtual ride segment on strava....

For example ride l'Alpe d'Huez (Marmotte 4) as you start the climb you will see the orange bar under the profile while riding....at the top the bar will stop...this is the offical end & you can ride a few meter further to cool off or let the auto lap take you back... upload your ride to Strava & you will see your time for that orange bar is actually displayed along with all the other riders that may have done the same virtual road in say Tacx or Cyclops software.
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

"upload your ride to Strava & you will see your time for that orange bar is actually displayed along with all the other riders that may have done the same virtual road in say Tacx or Cyclops software."
Yea, I've done that and some of the "orange/Strava" segments show up on Strava and some don't. That was the purpose of the original question. The additional question was about where to find the results of the "other/computer generated/VeolReality generated" segments. Is there a location on your website that one can see the results of the non-strava segments?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rkoch615 wrote:... Is there a location on your website that one can see the results of the non-strava segments?...
No. Thy're currently used to generate opponents for you. Once you rode any segment to its completion you will get that performance show up as virtual opponent next time you ride the segments. At some point we'll be adding more online multi-rider related services and then you might see those but when and how is not yet specced.
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

Ok. That's good. I was trying to figure out what purpose they served. Now I know I can ride against a previous performance. I like it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rkoch615 wrote:...I was trying to figure out what purpose they served...
This is why we provide downloadable user guide on our general software download page: https://veloreality.com/products/trainer-software/ . ;) Clicking "Download manual" button does the trick.
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

Well, I missed that one. Thanks for enlightening me. I have now downloaded the V-Ride User Guide.