Was a new filming vehicle used for 0073_ES-Almeria?

General discussion of the ride videos.
VeloReality Video

Re: Was a new filming vehicle used for 0073_ES-Almeria?

Post by VeloReality Video »

We are back from our Italy road trip, refilming a few of the more popular older rides from the Tacx collection that needed updating & will add some more to the Veloreality one. The next trip will probably be either the North of England or Norway depending on the weather & time available.
jaysa

Post by jaysa »

I have a home in Embrun (near the Queyras in France) - and wonder if you'd be interested in staying to do some local filming some time?

There are a number of beautiful scenic and hilly routes near the lake, as well as classics like the South side climb of the Izoard, the Col de Vars (N & S are both good), Risoul, Bonette, Cayolle and lesser known 1km+ local climbs. Also the Embrun-Chorges TdF time trial course that Froome won.

This year, there's the etape du Tour, La Course and three stages that start or end nearby as well and there are days when some roads are reserved for bikes e.g. https://www.envie-de-queyras.com/event/ ... zoard-2016 which could be a fun film.

Anyways, I'm sure you have lots planned, but let me know if interested :D

Thanks!
VeloReality Video

jaysa wrote:I have a home in Embrun (near the Queyras in France) - and wonder if you'd be interested in staying to do some local filming some time?

There are a number of beautiful scenic and hilly routes near the lake, as well as classics like the South side climb of the Izoard, the Col de Vars (N & S are both good), Risoul, Bonette, Cayolle and lesser known 1km+ local climbs. Also the Embrun-Chorges TdF time trial course that Froome won.

This year, there's the etape du Tour, La Course and three stages that start or end nearby as well and there are days when some roads are reserved for bikes e.g. https://www.envie-de-queyras.com/event/ ... zoard-2016 which could be a fun film.

Anyways, I'm sure you have lots planned, but let me know if interested :D

Thanks!
Thanks for the offer, we use a campervan when filming now to fit the huge filming bike we use, so any offers of a real bed are much appreciated! We have a few climbs from the area already in the collection with the Izoard & Agnel. We did do some filming there not that long ago in October ..the plan was to head into Italy but the weather changed.

Some years ago we filmed in Embrun with the Tour de France TT route there on a fantastic Autumn day only to lose the footage to a corrupted SSD...we had a hell of a time getting there with deep snow drifts on the road from Grenoble..from then on Ive been fairly anal about backups while filming! At the time it was the best footage Ive seen....I sadly only got to see it one single time though!

here is a pic taken while filming your local lake back in I think 2012 & it would have been about this time of the year https://goo.gl/photos/b7VRJDwwd7b7KN6v6
jaysa

Post by jaysa »

Yes, the colours are lovely in Autumn and there's no-one around. Your Galibier video from the South taken in Autumn is breathtaking.

The Col d'Izoard ascent from the South through the Queyras and Casse Deserte and the Col de Vars from the Ubaye side would be great to have some time...

I'm not always out there, so let me know if you're coming?

Cheers :)
VeloReality Video

jaysa wrote:Yes, the colours are lovely in Autumn and there's no-one around. Your Galibier video from the South taken in Autumn is breathtaking.

The Col d'Izoard ascent from the South through the Queyras and Casse Deserte and the Col de Vars from the Ubaye side would be great to have some time...

I'm not always out there, so let me know if you're coming?

Cheers :)
Sure will do, we filmed the Bonnet, Vars & then Izoard from your side in 2011 & then the Briancon side in I think 2013. I have filmed all the climbs you mentioned but never have done the Allos...thats one that I would really want to get from both sides next year if we make it there again.