Downloading vids

General discussion of the ride videos.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Downloading vids

Post by admin »

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:OK, Found the Flanders 1 video searching 'puter .wmv files (approx 4 MB file so I assume that's it). Found it as 0013_BE-WestFlanders_1.1080{1}.dat Seems odd that it is saved there as a .dat file, tried to transfer it to the video folder of VR software after changing the extension to .vlrr but still shows up as "video missing" once launching VR software. File seems to default to Adobe flash player or Win media player to open. Even if I select Windows media player, says it can't find the extension. Upgraded Win 7 and Media player v. 12 with no help. Must be some simple fix to this, appreciate your offer for "live support" but let's hope we can avoid this on both ends. Flanders d/l is there, just can't seem to get it into the VR video folder to play. Thanks, Mark
1) You did not finish downloading file that is why you have '.dat' instead of wmv.
2) Your file also got renamed: that {1} part. Reason is because the same file already existed.
3) What you should do is go to your downloads in web store. Right click on download link. Select "Save as" option, choose a location on your computer where you want your file to be placed and click ok. Browser might ask you to rename the file since it seems you already have
bits and pieces of it lying around, do not let you do it. Save it under proper name.

Your final file must have name:

WestFlanders_1.1080.wmv and the size must be 8,518,601,239 bytes

Anything else will not work

FINALLY. If you do not feel comfortable doing what I've said contact me
for live support: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47
VeloReality Forum Administrator
gooddogs@ptd.net

Post by gooddogs@ptd.net »

Good to go!! Video is where it is supposed to be. Brief run on C-trainer OK. Reading the manual I assume I need to ride at least one course to be able to set up Guest profile/FTP? Would like to set up avatars to ride with going forward. Thanks again. Mark
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:Good to go!! Video is where it is supposed to be. Brief run on C-trainer OK. Reading the manual I assume I need to ride at least one course to be able to set up Guest profile/FTP? Would like to set up avatars to ride with going forward. Thanks again. Mark
No you do not need to ride any course to set your profile. If you know your weight,FTP etc you can enter it right away
gooddogs@ptd.net

Hmmm... OK, read the manual. Says I should be able to set up wgt, FTP, etc. under "Guest" but when I open guest folder blank screen shows with no options . tried it unconnected and connected to the C-trainer after selecting "new ride". Am able to start the ride, responds to the C-trainer in terms of increasing wattage/speed on the pedals. Video runs smoothly. ? need to d/l software and start over. Don't remember a "guest" screen popping up when I d/led viewed the demo rides. Almost there. Mark
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:Hmmm... OK, read the manual. Says I should be able to set up wgt, FTP, etc. under "Guest" but when I open guest folder blank screen shows with no options . tried it unconnected and connected to the C-trainer after selecting "new ride". Am able to start the ride, responds to the C-trainer in terms of increasing wattage/speed on the pedals. Video runs smoothly. ? need to d/l software and start over. Don't remember a "guest" screen popping up when I d/led viewed the demo rides. Almost there. Mark
How do you "open guest folder" in our software? We do not have "folders" related to accounts. Clicking on "Guest" button automatically logs in "guest" account. You just fill in the numbers and click save"
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:Hmmm... OK, read the manual. Says I should be able to set up wgt, FTP, etc. under "Guest" but when I open guest folder blank screen shows with no options . tried it unconnected and connected to the C-trainer after selecting "new ride". Am able to start the ride, responds to the C-trainer in terms of increasing wattage/speed on the pedals. Video runs smoothly. ? need to d/l software and start over. Don't remember a "guest" screen popping up when I d/led viewed the demo rides. Almost there. Mark
When you click Settings you should see a pane with the blue grade reduction tool in the centre, to the left of this is the Identity (to make a new user name & set a PW) & next to it the settings for the selected user.
gooddogs@ptd.net

The "guest" folder was what I was searching for under "video" tab, Windows folder/file tree. Was stuck on the opening intro screen describing how to set up software. Deleted "show each time" and all is well. Looking forward to first ride and others. Have had great experience with RacerMateOne, somewhat less impressed with ErgVideo. Your product has earned great reviews. Thanks again. Mark
gooddogs@ptd.net

Rode full West Flanders vid for 1st time today. Grade changes great experience. Video runs with alot of skipping/choppiness than in sim mode or with demo vids. ? any suggestions for adjustment in laptop computer onboard video card or within Win mediaplayer? Thanks Mark
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:Rode full West Flanders vid for 1st time today. Grade changes great experience. Video runs with alot of skipping/choppiness than in sim mode or with demo vids. ? any suggestions for adjustment in laptop computer onboard video card or within Win mediaplayer? Thanks Mark
There is a 720p version for this ride I think which would run smoother on a older lower spec laptop. But its strange that its smooth with the demo mode which is normally displaying the frame rate you would get when pushing 245watts. Maybe there is another cause then just the size of the video frame images that need to be processed & displayed at often very high frame rates?
gooddogs@ptd.net

Yes, I thought the same. Thought I could change a setting in Mediaplayer to run the video at a lower resolution but no luck. Is it legit. to redownload the vid at the 720 resolution without incurring another charge/fee? Thanks