Downloading vids

General discussion of the ride videos.
DickHeijkoop

Downloading vids

Post by DickHeijkoop »

Hi, I am having some problems downloading the videos. Yesterday I bought the Maljorca (15Gb) this morning I noticed that the download did not completed succesfully. It was within Chrome (for OSX/Mac). I am now trying to download it with a download manager: progressive downloader (for mac) - but no luck. Hoping that this would control the download better. Is your site supporting download managers? progressive downloader?
thx Dick
VeloReality Video

Re: Downloading vids

Post by VeloReality Video »

Hi Dick I have this film on my personal server & I can give you a direct link for this film, its one of the few I have on this server so I cant offer this for many of the others. Im just changing the file name & will send you a pm with the link. If we can get the word out & can get a few more customers we will have a mirrored server in the EU. Just now all the films are on a US based server so it can be a little slow over here.
DickHeijkoop

Post by DickHeijkoop »

I just bought the Stelvio movie (0017). If you could send me a direct link to this one as well, I'll appreciate. thanks Dick
barrett2474

Post by barrett2474 »

Hi ,
just starting using this forum and these great videos with my power kickr. best of breed for videos in my opinion.

ok - some friendly feedback for you guys.

1) a way of progressively downloading videos would be very good. anything over 5-6 Gb can be frustrating to re-start over and over...

2) i would recommend filming on a motor bike if possible - just to get the cornering looking more realistic - but i imagine it may not be feasible.

thanks for the great work. just love to 1080 quality (when the downlaod works :-)

Cheers,

John,

Perth,
Australia
VeloReality Video

barrett2474 wrote:Hi ,
just starting using this forum and these great videos with my power kickr. best of breed for videos in my opinion.

ok - some friendly feedback for you guys.

1) a way of progressively downloading videos would be very good. anything over 5-6 Gb can be frustrating to re-start over and over...

2) i would recommend filming on a motor bike if possible - just to get the cornering looking more realistic - but i imagine it may not be feasible.

thanks for the great work. just love to 1080 quality (when the downlaod works :-)

Cheers,

John,

Perth,
Australia
Hi John

If you have issues downloading just let us know, best option of all is a hard drive as you then have the lot with zero issues, but for some routes we have the rides on a mirrored server in the EU & I can give you a direct link if we know your a real customer....which we do.

As for the motorbike, its been looked at, the real issue is just one of logistics, cost & vibration. We are working on a solution that will hopefully result in a more natural feel to the corners although we do not want you leaning too far when on the trainer ;) .
barrett2474

Post by barrett2474 »

cheers :D i have been know to almost fall off!
VeloReality Video

We decided that we will shortly offer 2,5" Hard drives with the entire collection on them in the highest quality for about average high street cost price + postage (the collection will be unlicenced & locked). You can then move your licences to that drive by just entering your email & password & then buy the rides you want when you want without having to download! New rides can be downloaded to the drive like normal.

So rather then buy a empty hard drive you buy a full one & save all the time & hassle ;)
gooddogs@ptd.net

Post by gooddogs@ptd.net »

Also having d/l issues. No problems with sotware d/l. Ran the 2 demos OK on my Windows 7 laptop. Tried to purchase and d/l Belgium West Flanders 1 last nite, will play as .wmv in media player once d/led but can't find it anywhere on the hard drive and doesn't show up in the software program once launched. "video missing" shows up as for the rest of the videos not yet purchsed. Any help would be appreciated Mark
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:Also having d/l issues. No problems with sotware d/l. Ran the 2 demos OK on my Windows 7 laptop. Tried to purchase and d/l Belgium West Flanders 1 last nite, will play as .wmv in media player once d/led but can't find it anywhere on the hard drive and doesn't show up in the software program once launched. "video missing" shows up as for the rest of the videos not yet purchsed. Any help would be appreciated Mark
It is probably in you download directory. Or if you clicked it and player automatically opened it it is most likely in some temp directory. Find file on hard drive using search and then move it into some directory where you will keep all your video files. Player knows nothing about the fact that you downloaded any videos. You have to point it to a directory where you keep your video files. Also every once in a while we update video data. If you see button "Install updates" it indicates either new software version or data files for new videos. It is a good idea to let the software do the update. Without data files it will not recognize video.
Anyways enough talking. If you are still having troubles contact me for live support but make sure you read
this: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47 .
VeloReality Forum Administrator
gooddogs@ptd.net

Post by gooddogs@ptd.net »

OK, Found the Flanders 1 video searching 'puter .wmv files (approx 4 MB file so I assume that's it). Found it as 0013_BE-WestFlanders_1.1080{1}.dat Seems odd that it is saved there as a .dat file, tried to transfer it to the video folder of VR software after changing the extension to .vlrr but still shows up as "video missing" once launching VR software. File seems to default to Adobe flash player or Win media player to open. Even if I select Windows media player, says it can't find the extension. Upgraded Win 7 and Media player v. 12 with no help. Must be some simple fix to this, appreciate your offer for "live support" but let's hope we can avoid this on both ends. Flanders d/l is there, just can't seem to get it into the VR video folder to play. Thanks, Mark