Downloading vids

General discussion of the ride videos.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Downloading vids

Post by admin »

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:Yes, I thought the same. Thought I could change a setting in Mediaplayer to run the video at a lower resolution but no luck. Is it legit. to redownload the vid at the 720 resolution without incurring another charge/fee? Thanks
No charge.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
gooddogs@ptd.net

Post by gooddogs@ptd.net »

Much appreciated. Will let you know the outcome.
gooddogs@ptd.net

Attempted to repurchase d/l again but still just came up as 1080 version. Couldn't select 720. ? need "voucher" code or such. Can't seem to select 720 as an option.
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:Attempted to repurchase d/l again but still just came up as 1080 version. Couldn't select 720. ? need "voucher" code or such. Can't seem to select 720 as an option.
Ive PM'ed you a link, just check your messages (above next to User control panel)
gooddogs@ptd.net

Runs much smoother! Who needs 1080p/i anyway. Couldn't "right click" with "save to" option to put in video folder though, Just ran as live wmv video. ? you can add this into "my downloads." Also, for future reference, is there an option when d/ling new videos for choosing 720 vs. 1080? Mark..
VeloReality Video

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:Runs much smoother! Who needs 1080p/i anyway. Couldn't "right click" with "save to" option to put in video folder though, Just ran as live wmv video. ? you can add this into "my downloads." Also, for future reference, is there an option when d/ling new videos for choosing 720 vs. 1080? Mark..
I think so yes, it could be an option right at the start, but only the rides upto 0031 have a 720p option just now, I still need to find time to render the others. But you can also do this your self if you want using any windows video editor like the free movie maker. Just drop the 1080 ride into that & render it as 720p replace the 1080 in the file name with 720...then uSe this until you upgrade your PC ;-) & can revert to the Full HD ones
gooddogs@ptd.net

Had problems getting the "link" you sent me to to d/l into the video folder. Had a Skype session with proukhov earlier today. We noticed that the link was for the 0014_BE west flanders ride, not the 0013 that I originally purchased. Was able to finally d/l the 0014 video in 720 but it won't run without purchase, can't complete "get license". No problem on my end with either ride but was hoping you could add the 0014 ride to my download account. If you check my account you'll see that I actually paid for the 0013 video twice. Tried to re-d/l 0013 the other nite via 720. paid for it again, but still came thru as 1080. Thanks
VeloReality Video

gooddogs@ptd.net wrote:Had problems getting the "link" you sent me to to d/l into the video folder. Had a Skype session with proukhov earlier today. We noticed that the link was for the 0014_BE west flanders ride, not the 0013 that I originally purchased. Was able to finally d/l the 0014 video in 720 but it won't run without purchase, can't complete "get license". No problem on my end with either ride but was hoping you could add the 0014 ride to my download account. If you check my account you'll see that I actually paid for the 0013 video twice. Tried to re-d/l 0013 the other nite via 720. paid for it again, but still came thru as 1080. Thanks
I sent you a PM sorry for the mistake.
bnzigt

Post by bnzigt »

In multiple occasions when trying to download the videos from MyAccount location, the success rate is about 30% that the full file will download. The challenge is it will timeout randomly, latest at the 1GB mark, and the download fails. Can an authenticating BitTorrent be used from MyAccount, so that it can smartly download the file and not have to keep trying to re-start. ISP's are now placing monthly data quota (exceed it and it comes with a $$$ penalty), so multiple attempts for a 12GB size file makes the video retrieve challenging. :idea:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bnzigt wrote:In multiple occasions when trying to download the videos from MyAccount location, the success rate is about 30% that the full file will download. The challenge is it will timeout randomly, latest at the 1GB mark, and the download fails. Can an authenticating BitTorrent be used from MyAccount, so that it can smartly download the file and not have to keep trying to re-start. ISP's are now placing monthly data quota (exceed it and it comes with a $$$ penalty), so multiple attempts for a 12GB size file makes the video retrieve challenging. :idea:
Forwarded to sales. will see what they say. I am pitching for them to release locked hard drive for sale. Basically it is hard drive with all our videos but without a license or maybe 1 or 2 free licenses. Next time when you need to buy some videos you will not need to download them. It will course incurs the penalty (the initial cost of hard drive) but you can consider it as a backup solution ;) Technically I think we do it now anyways but on individual requests. Anyways will wait for reply from sales
VeloReality Forum Administrator