Tales of a Tyro

General discussion of the ride videos.
dougleybourne

Tales of a Tyro

Post by dougleybourne »

I have only recently come across Veloreality so cannot speak with much authority, however I feel that I should comment.

I do not have a LYNX trainer and probably never will, nor at this stage do I have a KickR or Computrainer, just a good old Tacx Bushido.

Having said that, Veloreality works, just like it says it does. You download the programme, which takes a second or two, click, choose a ride (more on this later) and ride. Now the Bushido brake mechanism does not control the resistance as it does with Tacx TTS software so, when you come to a hill and the virtual speed shown on the display drops, you must gear up, pedal harder and try to get the virtual speed up to a "reasonable" level. Hard? Yes but in real life you would have had to do that anyway; the result is a great workout.

So far I have only downloaded the two free Demo rides (both great and leaving me wanting more)
and the Queyras 2 ride up the Col d'Agnes, which cost a very modest sum. I bought this because I had ridden this col in "Real Life" a few years ago. Let me tell you, it was just like being there! The video quality is fantastic and the really neat thing is being able to recognise buildings etc that you have already seen. So far I have done this ride three times and will do so again and again. I plan to buy the Queyras 1 ride as soon as possible and then some (all?) of the others in due course. Training with the Bushido was/is great but Veloreality is better!

I look forward to hearing how other tyros get on.

Doug