Multiplayer test discussion

Get answers to question about the software.
cjwesthoff

Re: Multiplayer test discussion

Post by cjwesthoff »

admin wrote:
cjwesthoff wrote:Is there a particular ride that is the most popular, most ridden or most downloaded? I wanted to buy one to try out the multiplayer, but there are so many I was hoping to know which one was most likely to have real riders riding.
Multiplayer had just started so it is hard to tell. I think The most used are Marmotte, Flanders and Romantic Road but I could be wrong. You can also download 2 free videos and try doing this with your buddy and see how you like it or you can download software (it is free), register yourself in our web store, register your software for joining our netwprk (it is all free for now). Once you registered you will see live map with the riders if any. Spy on it for a few days and you will see where people riding. Hovering mouse over square denoting ride brings up name of the video and hovering over start (represents live cyclist) will show you the name of cyclist

Thanks! I'll be giving it a try soon.
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

cjwesthoff wrote:
admin wrote:
cjwesthoff wrote:Is there a particular ride that is the most popular, most ridden or most downloaded? I wanted to buy one to try out the multiplayer, but there are so many I was hoping to know which one was most likely to have real riders riding.
Multiplayer had just started so it is hard to tell. I think The most used are Marmotte, Flanders and Romantic Road but I could be wrong. You can also download 2 free videos and try doing this with your buddy and see how you like it or you can download software (it is free), register yourself in our web store, register your software for joining our netwprk (it is all free for now). Once you registered you will see live map with the riders if any. Spy on it for a few days and you will see where people riding. Hovering mouse over square denoting ride brings up name of the video and hovering over start (represents live cyclist) will show you the name of cyclist

Thanks! I'll be giving it a try soon.
Marmotte Part 4 is the most popular ride but so far as far as I can see the riders I see online are doing new routes every day, I think its a case of luck with the other rides. Any racing cyclist will head direct for the Flanders rides as these hills are holy ground, we are getting more & more racers riding & Im willing to bet 90% will buy Flanders Hills 1st. MThe majority of cyclosportive.Grand Fondo type riders will go for the Ventoux or d'Huez (best done with the Marmotte which will join the previous 3 parts) I think part of the reason could be that rides that are joined are not visible in multiplayer yet. So if your doing the Marmotte you would not show on the map....best do just do a stage at a time for now!
glepore

Post by glepore »

Probably a temporary issue, but I'd like a way to toggle on/off the vnet without having to kill my internet connection. Just in case I want to ride anonymously :lol:
Kostya - "I'd really,really like to have users on the network. You can do couple of things here:

1) you want to be nice to us and fill out email/password and set your nickname to some gibberish. People would still see you as an opponent but with some weird name they will not be able to associate with you ;)

2) You can click "Clear registration" button (you can always register again) but then we'll be missing one live person on network :cry:

3) We will add something "Temporary take me off the network" button but can not do it right at this moment. In a middle of something."