Multiplayer test discussion

Get answers to question about the software.
VeloReality Video

Re: Multiplayer test discussion

Post by VeloReality Video »

glepore wrote:Don't "over-Stravafy" it. I for one don't want KOM's etc-it's ok if you track them, as I'm sure others do want them, but I don't need them cluttering the display. On a separate screen perhaps?

This development is awesome, btw. Totally superior to what Tour D'Giro, zwift etc are doing. What you need is some way to advertise rides-ie-group ride on Flanders course at xxxGMT. A subforum to do that maybe?

Also, as an aside, the main website needs a forums link.
I think we are all on the same page regarding clutter, right now we have a few different display screen options with the 0 button clearing the whole screen of everything (This is my favourite screen ;-) ), if you have a Lynx, Computrainer or Kickr then hitting 0 may with a bit of imagination immerse you deeper into the film, you will start looking at the road terrain more for upcoming grade changes...I like this display best when on a long steady climb alone. if your on a stand alone trainer you will need to see the grades if you wanted to replicate the hills using gears or adjusting the breakforce.

Hit 3 & your back to the default screen but with multiplayer we could look to have a separate screen display or one that would alter in a dynamic way if your alone or if in company? Displays do not have to be permanent. Such as when starting a hill Segment I know many of you will be wondering for starters just what the name of this climb is & perhaps some information that you would expect to see in real life at the foot of any well known mountain? But once you know this information I dont think you need to be reminded the whole way up.

Then recently Ive been wondering how far back or ahead is my friend? as the left side displays 100m either way for pacing & the right one could be say 50km which makes it impossible to tell really where they are if they are inside a few km. So maybe this left side profile could be adjusted on the fly at some stage to pan out to say 2km either way? Or simply have a separate screen with more.

There is also the issue of being hopefully better then Zwift,,,we could have real races & group rides on the cobbles of Flanders & Paris Roubaix etc, this is sacred holy terrain for anyone that races, so I can see at some point they will need to be catered for... ;)
glepore

Post by glepore »

Yes, riding solo I like to have the data bar from screen 2 down below the actual video, its much like having a cycling computer.

Hmm, headsets and audio, so I can talk to folks riding along-how about taking a pull thru?
:lol:
glepore

Post by glepore »

Works great, at least it did until I had a local issue.

Guys, how do you prevent grade reduction by users if we "race"? Or is this honor system ( like pre bio passport :D )
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

glepore wrote:Works great, at least it did until I had a local issue.
Guys, how do you prevent grade reduction by users if we "race"? Or is this honor system ( like pre bio passport :D )
1) What Issue?
2) Grade reduction does not make you move faster on video. Dropping your weight does. At some point I might implement sudden weight change alarms ;)
VeloReality Forum Administrator
VeloReality Video

admin wrote: At some point I might implement sudden weight change alarms ;)
Nooooo I was counting on this! :)
VeloReality Video

glepore wrote:
As Kostya said changing the grade has no effect on your speed & we did think about calling it virtual gears at one point as in essence this is whats going on, reducing the grade makes it easier to pedal at a higher cadence up steep slopes. But your speed is tied to the watts your pushing so the only gains in speed are going to be those gained by being more efficient because your pedalling at 70rpm rather then 40rpm which is more like a weight training type effort....always have the right gears for the job!
glepore

Post by glepore »

admin wrote: 1) What Issue?
Its in the ride post thread. Believe something in the Lago file may be corrupt, when I rode into the portico it locked up (black screened). Exited Vride, restarted Vride, worked great on all rides but Lago. Attempted a couple of times to get ahead of Phil on Lago, and the cursor moved and I could see still pic, but the second I turned pedals, black screen. Went over to another vid without partners, and it worked fine. Will try Lago solo tonight after reboot of computer, and am re-dowloading the video in the event that it somehow was corrupt on the hd....
Will email or pm you with results later.
aaslundg

Post by aaslundg »

glepore wrote:
Then recently Ive been wondering how far back or ahead is my friend? as the left side displays 100m either way for pacing & the right one could be say 50km which makes it impossible to tell really where they are if they are inside a few km. So maybe this left side profile could be adjusted on the fly at some stage to pan out to say 2km either way? Or simply have a separate screen with more.
Yesterday when riding against the avatar i also thought about how nice zooming and panning on the left side display would be. After the avatar disappeard 100 meters behind, I wondered how much ahead I was. 100m, 200 m, 500m and 1000 m zooming would be good. changing the zooming in and out with keyboard.

In a separate thread I also thought it would be nice to create avatars based on either a constant w/kg (2, 2.5, 3 etc) and also based on previous rides (101% speed, 102% speed etc).
cjwesthoff

Post by cjwesthoff »

Is there a particular ride that is the most popular, most ridden or most downloaded? I wanted to buy one to try out the multiplayer, but there are so many I was hoping to know which one was most likely to have real riders riding.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cjwesthoff wrote:Is there a particular ride that is the most popular, most ridden or most downloaded? I wanted to buy one to try out the multiplayer, but there are so many I was hoping to know which one was most likely to have real riders riding.
Multiplayer had just started so it is hard to tell. I think The most used are Marmotte, Flanders and Romantic Road but I could be wrong. You can also download 2 free videos and try doing this with your buddy and see how you like it or you can download software (it is free), register yourself in our web store, register your software for joining our netwprk (it is all free for now). Once you registered you will see live map with the riders if any. Spy on it for a few days and you will see where people riding. Hovering mouse over square denoting ride brings up name of the video and hovering over start (represents live cyclist) will show you the name of cyclist
VeloReality Forum Administrator