Possible USB conflict

Get answers to question about the software.
jdalbright

Possible USB conflict

Post by jdalbright »

First of all I would like to say that I am very impressed with your software and have had a great time using it over the past few days. Last night I thought I would try to run the software (resident on the hard drive) and access the videos directly from a USB3 thumb drive because the videos are rather large and will fill up my hard drive quickly. I am using a GSC10 and a Garmin Mini Ant+ USB. What I noticed is that I couldn't get any signal from the GSC10 with the USB thumb drive inserted. If I remove the thumb drive, the GSC10 signal will instantly come back. I am just wondering if you have an opinion about that. I am using a Dell XPS laptop/tablet running Windows 8.1. I am also using a standard trainer with no feedback from the software.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible USB conflict

Post by admin »

jdalbright wrote:First of all I would like to say that I am very impressed with your software and have had a great time using it over the past few days. Last night I thought I would try to run the software (resident on the hard drive) and access the videos directly from a USB3 thumb drive because the videos are rather large and will fill up my hard drive quickly. I am using a GSC10 and a Garmin Mini Ant+ USB. What I noticed is that I couldn't get any signal from the GSC10 with the USB thumb drive inserted. If I remove the thumb drive, the GSC10 signal will instantly come back. I am just wondering if you have an opinion about that. I am using a Dell XPS laptop/tablet running Windows 8.1. I am also using a standard trainer with no feedback from the software.
1) I am totally puzzled. Can't say much about it. Would try to format that drive and try again.
2) Maybe there is too much power drawn from USB ports. In this case I would buy POWERED USB hub. Preferrably USB 3 and try to use that one to plug the things in.
3) Do you have normal portable hard USB drive? You can try with this one. Or you can buy Hard drive from us with the videos (on various options for that contact gary@veloreality.com)
VeloReality Forum Administrator
jdalbright

Post by jdalbright »

It seems I have a reading problem in that I didn't read the instructions close enough. After pairing the Ant devices, I had failed to hit "save". After saving, I am able to run the videos from my USB3 thumb drive quite nicely... :P
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jdalbright wrote:It seems I have a reading problem in that I didn't read the instructions close enough. After pairing the Ant devices, I had failed to hit "save". After saving, I am able to run the videos from my USB3 thumb drive quite nicely... :P
This is weird. Not clicking "Save" button would cause scanning and therefore interruptions in receiving of data but not complete inability to pair/read. Anyways since that magic potion did work for you we'll leave it at that. ;)
Mikslush

Post by Mikslush »

I was able to download 3 of your videos to my PC no problem, but need them on my USB drive to watch from the Roku on my TV. 64gB USB3 drive, and it says the files are too large to transfer. (12GB Ventoux videos) Do they need to be compressed to transfer? Just searching...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mikslush wrote:I was able to download 3 of your videos to my PC no problem, but need them on my USB drive to watch from the Roku on my TV. 64gB USB3 drive, and it says the files are too large to transfer. (12GB Ventoux videos) Do they need to be compressed to transfer? Just searching...
1) Check that the drive formatted as exFAT or NTFS. FTT32 has 4GB file limit
2) Check id there is anything else on that drive that takes space.
3) Even though the drive is 64GB flash drives have write limit and as sectors die the reals space available becomes less

Other then that I have no idea what might be causing it. If you have enough room an 1,2,3 conditions are excluded it should work
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

Mikslush wrote:I was able to download 3 of your videos to my PC no problem, but need them on my USB drive to watch from the Roku on my TV. 64gB USB3 drive, and it says the files are too large to transfer. (12GB Ventoux videos) Do they need to be compressed to transfer? Just searching...
The rides are made to be run from a PC with the software so you can have a realistic speed.. the video when run inside vride software will reduce speed when you slow down & if you have a Kickr or Computrainer trainer you will feel the hills.

I would look at your PC for a HDMI cable port & connect to your TV this way. The Roku is for playing photo albums or streaming Netflix & very short low quality video from your smart phone etc. I dont think it will read the memory stick if its formatted in anything other then Fat32 so if your desperate to just view the films then you could compress them smaller using a video editor.
jdalbright

Post by jdalbright »

Mikslush, your USB drive is formatted as Fat32. This only can transfer files up to 4 GB. Reformat the USB drive to NTFS and you can transfer files of unlimited size.