support for garmin cadene only sensor

Get answers to question about the software.
aaslundg

support for garmin cadene only sensor

Post by aaslundg »

Thank you for a very good piece of software. I have bought several videos and really enjoyed riding them on my Kickr. The only thing I am missing is support for the new Garmin cadence only sensor. Do you support it today?
Geir Stian Aaslund
admin
Site Admin

Re: support for garmin cadene only sensor

Post by admin »

Not at the moment
VeloReality Forum Administrator
perra_e

Post by perra_e »

Have you any plans for supporting the Garmin cadence only sensor?
I have Garmin Vector pedals and cadence only sensors and I would love to by some videos!
The software find the pedals in the settings tab but not the cadense sensor. In the video it is the other way around. Cadence is displayed but effect is zero and the video is standing still.

Thanks
--Per Eklund
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Per

The cadence in your case comes from Vector. It seems that our software has some problem with Vector. You're second customer reporting 0 wattage in video while using Vectors. What trainer are you using btw? I definitely want to help you and fix the software but I do not have Vectors. If you are willing to help download and install TeamViewer from http://www.teamviewer.com (this is free remote help software) and then contact me on Skype: poukhov_kostya. I will fix the software in place.

One more thing though. What button are you clicking to start the ride "start ride" or "Sim mode". You should not be clicking "Sim mode" to start the ride.
perra_e

Post by perra_e »

Hi, I have absolutely no problem helping you with this. We just have to find a time when we both can work on this. I'm living in Sweden so there is 6-8 hours difference. I guess it must be when it is eveing here.

The picture is taken when i use "start ride". Sim mode works fine as a video player, but offcours without the posibility to display cadence and Power.

I'm a software developer myself so i'm positive I can help you with whatever you want me to do to help you fix this.
If you want we can continue to plan this over mail insted of the forum. It is a bit easier.

Regards
--Per Eklund
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The subject is closed. The bug is found. The fix will go into production in a next day or two. Big thanks Per Eklund.