V_ride splitting .tcx files when it shouldn't?

Get answers to question about the software.
Croptop

V_ride splitting .tcx files when it shouldn't?

Post by Croptop »

In the v_ride user manual, it states that if sequential ride parts end/start within 100m of each other then the parts will be merged and a single .tcx file will be generated. That used to be my experience in the past. However, after upgrading to the latest version of the v_ride software (1.2.0.86), I've noticed that rides that span multiple videos (e.g. Appleby Ride (Parts 1 & 2) or Corsica - Cap Cors (Parts 1, 2 and 3)) are now generating separate .tcx files for each video segment.

Is this change intentional or a bug?
admin
Site Admin

Re: V_ride splitting .tcx files when it shouldn't?

Post by admin »

It is intentional for some reasons that'll take a while to explain. For now you can use any of multiple available software to join them manually such as this: http://www.gpstrackeditor.com/ . We will most likely be able revisit this part in a nearest future and bring you back to happiness ;)
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Croptop

Re: V_ride splitting .tcx files when it shouldn't?

Post by Croptop »

Thanks for the update and confirmation that the splitting of the files is intentional. I'm really after the power numbers more than anything else so I just make sure that I have my Garmin 800 running and recording my power output for the full ride.