feature request

Get answers to question about the software.
WindTrainer

feature request

Post by WindTrainer »

Some comments/feature requests regarding version 1.2.0.86

First of all let me say I rely like this software, haven't used it extensifly yet, but the first impressions are very good.
I rely like the fact that you can use it without any internet connection, just as a simple structural training aid.

So when starting V-ride the first thing I did was make some workouts.
What I noticed was that when I make a Group [+Group] after some Interval. I can't make a Interval [+Inteval] behind the Group at the end of the workout. The Interval is always placed inside the Group. This can be avoided by first making all the intervals and then inserting [<|>Group] a Group but this is somewhat counter intuitive. (I hope this makes sense, Englisch is not my native speech)
It would be nice if you could just make an Interval behind a Group at the end of the workout. Even better it would be nice if you could drag and drop Groups and Intervals so you can quickly rearange the workout.
The same way would it be nice if you could copy a workout, so you can make a different workout based on a previous workout.

Another thing I noticed was that when you click on a workout, the name is automaticly selected. You can change the name very quikly this way and this is not so handy I think.
Overall I rely like the way you can build complex workout rely quick.

Then riding.
I mainly use v-ride with a simple resistance trainer, where v-ride shows me what I am doing and giving me a very good base to do structural training.
When you ride a workout the next interval is brought to youre attention via a countdown. This is very nice but it would be even better if you could also select for a audio-notice in the form of 5 beeps. 5 beeps going up for the next interval being a higher efford (watt) 5 beeps going down for the next interval being a lower efford.
When watching a trainervideo this is not so necessary , but when you just do a stuctural workout, you're not always watching the screen, so a couple of beeps would rely help to allert you to the next interval.

I still have to try the video's you profided for free, but it would also be nice is you could play arbitrary video's within v-ride, so you could watch a film while doing a self made workout. At the moment I have to rearange the windows so I can see and v-ride and a mediaplayer. And because v-ride uses rather big graphics there is not much room for my mediaplayer on my 1366*768 laptopscreen. It would be rely nice if the graphics could be overlay'd on the video, just like you can when riding a trainervideo.

So to make a long story short, I rely like this piece of software and will be saving money so one day I can buy the Lynx trainer for that looks very good too, but for now its a bit too expensive. I hope my suggestions make any sence and can be incorporated. If not I'll still be using v-ride with pleasure.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: feature request

Post by admin »

Thanks for feedback. We will take your suggestions into consideration but right now we are busy on rather big feature so it might take a little while.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
WindTrainer

Post by WindTrainer »

I will be waiting in anticipation, as well as for this rather big feature of course :)
WindTrainer

Post by WindTrainer »

It's the time of the year again, to go inside and train on the trainer :-)

Did a structured workout yesterday on V-ride and rely enjoyed it again, but it made me think of two remarks I made some time ago.

I still have to buy some video's (still working om my trainer setup) so I mainly use the structured workout section which is great to work with. It's easy to make some new workouts and go ride.

But..... I was wondering if the remarks I made some time ago are still into consideration or off the table??

1: When you click on a workout, the name is automaticly selected. You can accidently change the name very quikly this way and this is not so handy I think.

2: When you ride a workout the next interval is brought to youre attention via a countdown. This is very nice but it would be even better if you could also select for a audio-notice in the form of 5 beeps. 5 beeps going up for the next interval being a higher efford (watt) 5 beeps going down for the next interval being a lower efford.
When watching a trainervideo this is not so necessary , but when you just do a stuctural workout, you're not always watching the screen, so a couple of beeps would rely help to alert you to the next interval.

new request: The possibility to skip/advance to a specific section of the workout. Would be great to be able to do only a part of a workout.

Well thanks in advance.

ps
I think I've seen you driving/recording this summer in the French Alpes near Guillaumes, could this be?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The whole workout section is going to get full redesign at some point (not sure when). So we see no point in making little changes here and there on module that is gonna be drastically changed.

I personally am not filming. Yes you might've seen our filming guy. He was filming plenty of rides in Alps, summer 2017
VeloReality Forum Administrator