ANT+ Speed is not shown correctly in video

Get answers to question about the software.
Steve_Bike

ANT+ Speed is not shown correctly in video

Post by Steve_Bike »

Hi,
I am using the software with a TACX hometrainer and the Garmin ANT+ speed/cadance sensor.
ANT+ sensors work fine and show the right speed and cadance in the sensor menu.
Therefore I am pretty sure the setup works fine.

Nevertheless, when riding a tour (video) the speed is not shown correctly. This is especially very obvious on downhills.
When I cycle at an absolute constant speed, the velocity shown going up and down. (including video slowing down)
For me it looks like the speed is dependent on how fast the video was recorded (e.g. in turns it slows down and accelerates afterwards)

I would prefer to see the real speed of the ANT+ speed sensor or at least have an additional information shown like with the cadence, which is always correct.
This most of the time also makes sence as you are faster in turns on the bike compared to a car.
(e.g. taking a turn downhill with ~30kph is normally easy, but the software slows down to below 20kph)

Thanks for any help! Maybe the fault is on my side :-)
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: ANT+ Speed is not shown correctly in video

Post by admin »

Your on screen speed is calculated from your power and some parameters like current road gradient, your weight etc. Speed reported by ANT+ speed sensors is ignored (unless you are using dumb trainer and in this case it is only used to calculate your input power power using one of predefined power vs speed curves). The same approach is used by any other software on a market.
VeloReality Forum Administrator