Can I ride against an earlier ride I have done?

Get answers to question about the software.
Toecutter

Can I ride against an earlier ride I have done?

Post by Toecutter »

Hi All,

I'm very interested in time-trialling against my own previous efforts on a video course. Is this possible? If so, how would my "opponents" display, and are there any other considerations or limitations with this?

Would be AWESOME if you guys can do this.

Cheers, Matt.
Bradox78

Re: Can I ride against an earlier ride I have done?

Post by Bradox78 »

Of course it's possible !

Download the user manual and see chapter 8.7 on page 51 ;)

User manual :
https://veloreality.com/products/trainer-software/
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
Toecutter

Post by Toecutter »

Fantastic - thanks!

Will my opponent(s) only show as a dot in that bar, or is there some kind of overlay on the actual video (as for live riders)?

Cheers.
HHRoadtrip

Post by HHRoadtrip »

Your previous performances will appear as circles on the course (see page 52 of manual)- up to ten prior activities. The manual is pretty clear about it, although it may be hard to absorb until you have done it. It's a nice feature- and can be switched off if you don't want the image cluttered.
Toecutter

Post by Toecutter »

Thanks - I think I know what you mean by the "circles". It's what I expected, however p.52 of the manual only shows a progress-type bar with small square dots along the horizontal axis, which is why I wanted to clarify. For now though, and given the cost of the software!, I'll buy a couple of videos and have a test with it all.

Thanks to you all for your help - the ability to race my own previous best efforts is great for me. I really like the "purge" methodology as well, very clever!