VR software

Get answers to question about the software.
Lookrider

VR software

Post by Lookrider »

I have an inkling that this has been mentioned before but I can't find the post anywhere,

If I'm right, the ability to set a custom starting point on a ride is reserved to people that have a Lynx VR trainer. It's a feature that I use to enjoy when I trained using Tacx trainer software and videos. Have you ever considered adding this feature for everyone but asking non Lynx owners like me to actually pay like an annual fee to enjoy the feature. I am not talking hundreds of dollars (or pounds in my case) but just a minimal fee like $5 or $10, whatever the cost to set this up.
I really liked that feature with Tacx for 2 reasons: if I ever got home late from work or else, I could start the ride where I wanted and do away with the bits I wasn't interested in and second, if my wife uses the trainer and considering that we don't have the same cycling abilities, I could do away with the uphill bits and let her cycle either on flats on downhills. I am still in a position to do this somehow by paying the video in "Test mode", stopping it when I want and then click on "Continue ride" but this takes time especially that your car driver doesn't go very fast...!!! :lol:

I don't know what other users might think but personally, I wouldn't be against a small fee to benefit from this feature,
admin
Site Admin

Re: VR software

Post by admin »

You can start ride at any point, more then that you can create your own ride from arbitrary pieces of our videos. Just read user guide. There is not a single functional feature in our software that is restricted to Lynx (other then some specific hardware related settings that are simply not available to other trainers)
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Lookrider

Post by Lookrider »

admin wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:51 am You can start ride at any point, more then that you can create your own ride from arbitrary pieces of our videos. Just read user guide. There is not a single functional feature in our software that is restricted to Lynx (other then some specific hardware related settings that are simply not available to other trainers)
Apologies, apologies... Guess I am a typical bloke in that I try to do everything without reading the manual...!!!

The thing is, I had seen that slider and sort of guessed that this might be its purpose but it had never worked. What I have now discovered, (by chance) is that for the slider to work, the ride must be in "reset position" or, at the very start of the ride. What I had tried in the past is to change the position through a ride but it didn't work. That's this one sorted.
One thing I've noticed while going through the manual is the point about Avatars. When I start a ride, there is no Avatar button showing. Am I right in assuming that it only appears if other riders are doing the same ride.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It shows live riders and your previous performances, again all is in user guide
VeloReality Forum Administrator