Tacx Neo intermittent purple dashbord

Get answers to question about the software.
lee_c

Tacx Neo intermittent purple dashbord

Post by lee_c »

For the last few weeks, during time of higher speeds as opposed to low speed same wattage, the dashboard metrics turn from white to purple, and although the wattage remains the same, the speed drops off and continues to decrease. When the white dashboard metrics return, the speed jumps dramatically and returns to "normal". My wife and I always ride the same routes and she loves this "pseudo" attack, but it make me work really hard to catch back up. Not a huge big deal but something has definitely changed. We are both on Windows 10 but she never seems to experience this. Our version is v1.5.0.151.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tacx Neo intermittent purple dashbord

Post by admin »

There is no bug here. Numbers are turning pink in some rare cases when filming car was going slower then calculated speed of bike. If your system does not have enough power to process higher video frames per second value it is starting to lag behind. The software detects such situation and turns on virtual brakes (this is new feature released few days ago). This turning on virtual brakes is indicated by numbers going pink on odometer. Consider those a gusts of wind (at least this is how software tries to model it). Sometimes that is not enough and the system might still do hard jump to a proper video position as it was doing before but not very often.

We did lots of filming on super narrow winding or just very busy village roads in Italy where this situation occurs more often comparatively to say empty Utah roads.

I will update user guide.
VeloReality Forum Administrator