Course List - Tuscany Videos Not Showing

Get answers to question about the software.
Mighty Malc

Course List - Tuscany Videos Not Showing

Post by Mighty Malc »

I have just bought 2 of the new Tuscany Grand Tours: Volterra and Bolsena = 6 videos in total.
I have downloaded all 6 and placed in the videos folder as usual. But when I start VeloReality and go to the Videos tab they do not show up.
I have reset my filter and scrolled through all the ride numbers looking for them but they are not there.
Filtering on part of the new ride name, or new ride number or country (Italy) does not show them either - they really do not seem to be there.

[Casting around for what is different from usual, I noticed on the website my account shows each of the 6 downloadable videos with 'duplicate' entries. The duplicate download entries for a particular video seem indistinguishable, both having the same course name with '1080' in it and both being exactly the same file size. I also got 2 identical email messages for the orders (same order number in each email) but was charged once. So I guess there is some minor glitch in order placement and the duplicate account entries are not connected with the paragraph 1 issue = not showing up in the course list. But thought I would mention it in case it assists you in solving the problem described in paragraph 1.]

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Course List - Tuscany Videos Not Showing

Post by admin »

Restart the software and you should be able to see the videos now. Make sure you're connected to the Internet though. This is all the result of the website update gone wrong and we are fixing it piece by piece.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

I am beyond angry at Velo reality. You emailed me asking me to buy tuscanny - and I did. But like the other poster you have it screwed up so the video does not show on the list of purchased videos! I have wasted most of my week day night training time on this now! FIX THIS ISSUE! And also why is the system of buyign installing a video so hard? You have been talking about making it work from inside the software since 2015. Please either get tuscanny working or I would like money back. There are MANY MANY software choices out there these days. If VR cant get it right maybe its time to move on!
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

"Restart the software and you should be able to see the videos now. Make sure you're connected to the Internet though." This is does nothing to help by the way! Do you have a suggestion that actually works?
bauer

Post by bauer »

First, sorry for the problem.
We had a website update go wrong.
We rolled back the update.
that replaced some ride definitions with an old file
It's been rectified - at least as far as we can tell from our testing.
We've sent notes out to those impacted.
That means we can get back to riding :)
Mighty Malc

Post by Mighty Malc »

I have tried again and the good news is my 6 Tuscany videos now appear in the list showing they need a licence.

But the bad news is when I try to licence them the window showing licence progress has "Unknown Server Err" against each of the 6. I tried a few times but the same result each time.

Going back to my first email about 6 duplicate download entries showing in my account, I notice that if I hover my mouse over say the 1st Volterra1 download link the status line shows a file id, whereas if I hover over the 'duplicate' for the Voltera1 link it shows a different file id which means the entries are potentially not identical - is the file id somehow embedded in the downloaded video and used in licensing, hence my problem? I think I downloaded using the last 6 duplicate links rather than the first 6.

Anyway, would be glad if you can fix this - thanks.
bauer

Post by bauer »

That problem has now also been resolved.
It was a leftover for the Sunday website update and rollback.
Sincere apologies :roll:
Mighty Malc

Post by Mighty Malc »

Ok - they have all licensed successfully now. Hurrah!
Many thanks for sorting so quickly.
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

UPDATE!!
Problem solved by VR!!!! Thank you for that FAST fix and your very swift email. Excellent customer service! To me the great customer service is BY FAR the most important. Thank you again! I rode some Tuscany tonight and it was awesome!!