My new favorite (again) software

Get answers to question about the software.
alejoviade

My new favorite (again) software

Post by alejoviade »

I'm excited to have re-discovered Velo Reality for my indoor training and even casual rides !!
I had purchased my first VeloR videos a couple of years back,.then got into Zwift and Traineroad and others only to end up finding them monotonous, (albeit very good stuff), "dry", too outlandish and sometimes "distracting".. (too many messages, chats, irrelevant info, etc...)
I used the other mentioned software on and off because I got bored with them all the time.

Velo Reality provides me the ability to 'suffer"(for real) AND still enjoy "nature"; the videos are stunning!! and make, even "suffering", enjoyable.
This is a personal opinion and in no way disregards other software out there.. but for me, this is the perfect combination of "realistic" indoor riding /outdoor training.
Although some have called the software "clunky" or dated I, on the contrary find it just perfect in that delivers exactly what I want without any "froufrou" stuff that (for me) adds to nothing; yet, it allows for very cool controls to grant those of us who are not fortunate enough to have "what it takes" to, STILL, be able to go up Ventoux and enjoy the ride (by controlling the maximum gradient that you can suffer). The data is as good as your trainer (that's where power, speed and cadence are derived from according to my understanding) The customer support is second to none, the software runs on the computer it is installed in so no high speed internet required (with all the problems that come with it). Add a good 4K TV and suffer while enjoying the stunning views of Velo Reality videos. I'm back and I'm staying !! THANK YOU !!!!!
mac

Re: My new favorite (again) software

Post by mac »

The software has a few very important qualities. First, it is extremely reliable, stable, and general requires only a modest PC to operate (the main exception being additional video horsepower for 4K videos). Having something that works and is not full of bugs is noteworthy and a big advantage over some other products being sold. Second, even though at first glance someone might get the impression it is clunky, that is far from the truth. All of the interfaces are extremely well designed, efficient, and functional. Like all software, there is a learning curve, so once you get used to it and figure out what it does and how it does it, it is easy to use. A great example is the speedometer/heads up display. The HUD is packed with information in a relatively small space. Third, the software is being improved all of the time with various tweaks to the interface and additional functionality. These improvements are distributed transparently and quickly due to the small footprint of the program.
MAC
Bellingham, WA USA
alejoviade

Re: My new favorite (again) software

Post by alejoviade »

Thanks for your comments Mac !

You are right on ! I love the software, very precise and efficient without any distractions !, I agree also with the fact that is very stable and the calculations seem to be very precise..
Obviuosly, the stunning videos help feeling “outdoors” while grinding.... all and all... a winner.
The trainer (Lynx) seems to be as good as the software but definately out of my price range.

Cheers!