Video moving to slow

Get answers to question about the software.
wasupwitdat1

Video moving to slow

Post by wasupwitdat1 »

I purchased a bunch of videos in 4K on a drive which so far seems good. However, I loaded up a short ride this morning thinking I can do it in the time I have available. Not the case because the video seems to run at half speed or slower. The video is the Wild Horse Road # 0169. It appears to move at a rate that in real life would be a fast walking pace. I am an ex-mountainbiker and I know I can move faster than that on the bike at that effort level. I don't understand in the Settings tab/ Grade reduction, how that works. I played with it a bit but I didn't see any change to how the video moved. To go faster I would have to be pumping out some serious watts and seeing that this is a descend that should not be the case.

Also under Settings tab I see an option to select the type of trainer and I don't see the Tacx Neo in there. The software does see Ant+ devices, my Cadence and HR sensors, and it does give a number for the trainer so I think it sees that too.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Video moving to slow

Post by admin »

169_US_UT_Wild_Horse_Road has friction parameters adjusted to gravel/"wet mud" conditions (that was actually the case). This is why the speed is lower. I tested it and had no problem maintaining 8-10mph at 200 watts on flats which is quite normal adjusted for particular road conditions and is far from being "walking speed".

As for not understanding how gear reduction settings work I would recommend looking at section 5.4 Grade Reduction of the user guide: http://www.veloreality.com/exs_v_ride/v ... l_v1.0.pdf which explains it quite clearly.

Also this forum is far from being the best case getting technical help from Veloreality. We have contact form and/or direct email for that.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 »

Thanks for your help. I didn't know there was a user guide. Got it now though.

Friction parameters huh? That's a new one on me. I thought that might have been the intention but who knew. I guess if I want to complete that ride in an hour I'd better bust ass then. :D
mac

Post by mac »

wasupwitdat1 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:23 am Thanks for your help. I didn't know there was a user guide. Got it now though.

Friction parameters huh? That's a new one on me. I thought that might have been the intention but who knew. I guess if I want to complete that ride in an hour I'd better bust ass then. :D
Don't know if you have ridden the "cobbles" in some of the Tacx videos, but I think it is very similar. An artificial hill (i.e., more resistance or friction) to replicate the amount of work required to ride on a surface that is not smooth. Some software also tries to replicate road feel (like vibration from cobbles), but I don't think most brakes are capable of doing that.
MAC
Bellingham, WA USA