Fresh 1-click install of 1.5.0.145 on Win8 hangs at Video tab

Get answers to question about the software.
stevehoge

Fresh 1-click install of 1.5.0.145 on Win8 hangs at Video tab

Post by stevehoge »

Hi -

I'm a brand new user, installing v1.5.0.145 on a Win8 Bootcamp install using the 1-click installation.

Software and store registration completed successfully. My ANT devics were successfully paired. I automatically received the video file D005_BE-The-Paterberg-lap.1080 in my /Documents/VRide/videos folder and it plays smoothly in Windows Media Center.

Now I'm trying to evaluate whether my system will perform acceptably using the Test procedure outlined in the user's manual. Step 8 of that procedure says to "Click the Video Button at the top of the screen", after which I get a mostly empty black window with a tab that says My Data. After a few seconds the window refreshes all white and program execution hangs indefinitely with a spinning cursor. Only forcing the program to quit returns control.

I gather the Video window should show me my installed videos in some sort of browsable library layout? But it is not getting to this stage, and does not show the Paterberg Loop video already downloaded.

Any assistance to get this up and running so I can evaluate the performance of the system would be great.

Thanks, Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Fresh 1-click install of 1.5.0.145 on Win8 hangs at Video tab

Post by admin »

Not sure what is happening in your case. I advise you take the option of live support as explained in : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94
VeloReality Forum Administrator
stevehoge

Post by stevehoge »

Thanks to Poukhov for diagnosing my problem. Even though HD video playback was smooth It looks like my MacMini2,1 with the 2GHZ Core 2 Duo CPU and integrated 950GMA graphics is not powerful enough for the DirectX graphics libraries that VRide relies on. :oops:

Guess I will have to stick to Rouvy until I upgrade my hardware setup!

Thanks, Steve
mac

Post by mac »

stevehoge wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:25 am Thanks to Poukhov for diagnosing my problem. Even though HD video playback was smooth It looks like my MacMini2,1 with the 2GHZ Core 2 Duo CPU and integrated 950GMA graphics is not powerful enough for the DirectX graphics libraries that VRide relies on. :oops:

Guess I will have to stick to Rouvy until I upgrade my hardware setup!

Thanks, Steve
Sorry to hear it won't work. Velo Reality has about the easiest PC requirements around, but you have a very minimal PC by current standards. I see that even Rouvy says it needs a 2.33 GHz CPU. You may also be losing some performance with Bootcamp.
MAC
Bellingham, WA USA
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

mac wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:41 pm Sorry to hear it won't work. Velo Reality has about the easiest PC requirements around, but you have a very minimal PC by current standards. I see that even Rouvy says it needs a 2.33 GHz CPU. You may also be losing some performance with Bootcamp.
GHz are not the main problem here. His on board video card just does not have required level of features.
VeloReality Forum Administrator