Red Segments

Get answers to question about the software.
Mighty Malc

Red Segments

Post by Mighty Malc »

I just rode Nice part 1 for the first time - very enjoyable.

I noticed there did not seem to be the usual majenta 10k and yellow 10 mile segments. Instead there were some red segments on the climbs.
It looked like each orange segment had been split into two equal halves and a red segment used for each half (in addition to the orange).

To my mind this works fine on Nice 1 which is essentially climb, descent, climb with no flat. And having red 1/2 length segments on a long-ish climb is a plus. But I also like the yellow and majenta segments.

I would be interested to know the thinking behind adding the red segments and losing the majenta and yellow. And how many of the latest rides (Alps Grand tour etc) follow this pattern, and what criteria will be used in future to decide whether to use yellow + majenta or red.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Red Segments

Post by admin »

Colors of segments are not preset strictly, but there are some rules and you can learn them by looking at rides.xml file. First find folder/directory where you placed your v_ride.x64.exe main executable folder (let's call it "EXE_FOLDER"). rides.xml file will then be located in EXE_FOLDER\data\videodef\ directory. Inside that file look for <SEG_LIST> tag where segment info for each video is placed. Do not try to edit this file though for 2 reasons:
1) this action might bring your software to disfunctional state
2) the software overrides this file anyways when the file is updated on our server and that happens often.

The good news is that soon you will be able to make your own segments.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
WadeWebb

Re: Red Segments

Post by WadeWebb »

Yes, you are completely right. This part is enjoyable! Thanks for the shared thread! I am impatiently waiting to be finally able to make my own segments.