Can i time trail?

Get answers to question about the software.
Machoman121

Can i time trail?

Post by Machoman121 »

Any suggestion how i can time trial on veloreality?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can i time trail?

Post by admin »

I do not understand this question at all. What is it exactly do you want to do?
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Machoman121

Post by Machoman121 »

say i want to ride a particular segment and find out how i've improved - gone faster/slower in timing. I know there's an avatar but in terms of timing?

Virtual reality cycling would make a perfect time trial platform - there's no wind, tyre pressures, bike issues, barometric pressure etc. to affect or influence a ride. A ride would be consistent and stable every time.

I guess i could always take a visual cue say....a signpost and note down the timing when i've reached it..was just wondering if there could be a more accurate way of doing it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok. I get it. We have something like this in the making (races, where one can compete against others or him/her self). That will include all the history, timing info etc. etc. among other things. Meanwhile I think you can do following:
  • Read up user guide on creating your own rides
  • Create custom ride out of 3 parts of at least 2 different videos. parts 1 and 3 will serve as warm up/ cool down
  • Middle part should just about cover some existing segment you want to use for timing
  • When you finish the ride and RESET it the software will create 3 TCX files corresponding to warm up, time trial, cool down
  • You can submit middle TCX to any online/offline activity tracking software of your choice. Garmin connect for example. Among numerous metrics it'll present you with the timing info. The possibilities here are endless. Some software will allow you to view numerous activities in the same graph so you can visually compare it etc etc
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Machoman121

Post by Machoman121 »

Being able to time trail or race against the clock on VR would be huge boost compared to just plodding/grinding away at the mileage.

That is why we will be introducing races. As for grinding - this is a matter of personal opinion I guess. I have my trainer in the basement of the house, have big screen and huge speakers blasting away music. Music plays randomly from the selection of thousands of titles. I am like dancing on a bike looking at nice ever changing scenery until I waste 1000 KJ. In this mode time flies for me. This keeps me in a good mood and shape and I could care less whether I just beat my yesterday's self.