Access violation and lag in video playback

Get answers to question about the software.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Access violation and lag in video playback

Post by admin »

Hi - I have been using the software for a couple of years without any problems. 2 updates ago, I started to get an AV in v_ride.x64.exe when starting the application and selecting the video pane. After clicking OK in the AV dialog the program run without any problems.
Today's update didn't solve the AV as I was hoping,

Well nobody ever reported it and it never happened in my own testing so there was nothing for me to fix.
Does it happen now with the latest version?

but now the video playback is lagging an way so the program is more or less useless
I have tried to rename the v_ride.x64.old to v_ride.x64.exe and running that one instead and then the lagging disappears.

Just to be absolutely sure can you tell me exact version of that old exe you renamed and what video you were using so I could make some tests?

Any suggestions, I am running Wndows 10 without creators update by the way

I run the same

Also if you can spare some time contact me for live support as explained in: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94 . I might
be able to fix it much faster. Right now I do not have much clue as you are the only one reporting the problem.

====================================
SOME NEW INFO

ADDED NEW VERSION. I got some idea what it could be and have made some changes so you can update to new version and see if it helps. If not I'd still like to go through that live help session and see what is going on
VeloReality Forum Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Both versions generates the AV, but as said earlier it do not seem to influence the training itself.

...I have a 3 monitor setup on a AMD Radeon R7 200 grapich card. It seems that the AV only occur when starting Vride on monitor 1, which is a LED tv and not my main display. It may be that the display order has changed lately and that it has triggered the AV (screenshoot attached)

I have dual monitor setup with nVidia 1060 where monitor one is 4K LED TV, all works like a charm, can't catch any errors. I do not see any of your attached screenshots either. What we can do is you call me on Skype so we can talk and I could try few modifications in place (giving you immediate download link) do we can catch and eliminate this AV unless it is related to some buggy driver. This way I will not have access to your PC but can still do some meaningful real time investigation.

Video is 020_Fr-Marmotte_1

Plays fine on my setup. Oh well usual story. I've fiddle the stuff a little more, hence new version. See if it works any better (Av still has to be caught interactively as proposed before.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ver 1.5.0.132: Lag is gone when using partial hw acc in both training and test mode, in full hw acc there is a bit of flickering, but I think it has always been the case.
Good to know. As for full hv accel, on some system it is not so smooth as partial and there is nothing I can do bout it. It is property of particular hardware/driver combo.

In regards to AV: that message from screenshot did not point me to any piece of code that raises concern. Try this special debug build: http://veloreality.com/vlr_media/v_ride.x64_debug.zip (unpack and copy it over the existing executable). It will be slow and the video may stutter but the purpose of it is to find AV should it happen. If it does you can then send me a copy of report file. Email it to me ( Kostya ). The email is listed on our contact form: https://veloreality.com/contact/. Maybe send me contact form first so that I can reply and the email will not be lost in spam folder.

That debug build has version lower then production so you can update when no longer needed. So during test ignore request for updates. Hopefully it can point me to the cause of that AV in my code. If not then as I've said the only way is to call me on Skype (I will not be accessing your computer)