laptop for veloreality

Get answers to question about the software.
Machoman121

laptop for veloreality

Post by Machoman121 »

Hi - my current notebook - probably close to 10 years old will not properly run the demo video and software - it'll load but it'll stall.

So i have to buy a new notebook - Will this run veloreality smoothly :-

Acer Aspire E5-523G-90QW 15.6" Notebook:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/m ... .GDLSA.001

Processor
AMD A9-9410
2.9 GHz; Dual-core

Memory
DDR4
8 GB (standard)

Graphics
AMD Radeon R5 M430
Up to 2 GB Dedicated graphics memory
admin
Site Admin

Re: laptop for veloreality

Post by admin »

Looking at the specs, it should do just fine. However in case if you ever want to entertain option of using our ever growing collection of very high quality 4K videos on big external TV (and that makes for a stunning immersive display) this laptop is not capable of outputting 4K signals to external source. I would just get laptop with similar specs but some nVidia card and capable of 4K output. If you do not really intend to carry said laptop around some low to mid-range gaming grade PC would fare much better (more hardware for less money ;) ).
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Machoman121

Re: laptop for veloreality

Post by Machoman121 »

Was so undecided whether to go PC or notebook. What made it harder was on the weekend the shop had a massive discount on the notebook 15%.

But i really wanted to have a high quality setup with veloreality (and took your advice) so i've decided to build a pc with GTX 970, i3 CPU and 4 gigs ram. And also bought a 32 inch LED TV for the man cave (garage).

Will be downloading a Video in the next few days.