Kickr - is it worth it

Get answers to question about the software.
Machoman121

Kickr - is it worth it

Post by Machoman121 »

What kind of performance can i expect from the Kickr with Velo reality? Are they realiable - i've awaiting for another kickr to be sent as the 1st unit was DOA - could not connect to BKool software. And the LBS confirmed it's some kind of issue with ANT+/ Blue tooth transmission. I've been researching and these problems seems quite common.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Kickr - is it worth it

Post by admin »

We have many happy customers who use KICKR with our software. Also since the software is free and you get free demo video you can test your setup and see how it works for you. As for general reliability of trainers, we can't say much as we are not in a business of testing trainers. Original manufacturers/dealers/resellers might have that info.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Machoman121

Post by Machoman121 »

OK thanks. So say i get the Alp de Huez on video - and ride it on the Kickr - the ascent will feel real on the Kickr? meaning the velo reality software will communicate with the Kickr and tell it to make it harder for me to cycle just like i'm climbing up the Huez?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes.\ it will communicate to KICKR and make hills feel harder and it will calculate your speed. For more details you can download and read user guide from: http://www.veloreality.com/exs_v_ride/v ... l_v1.0.pdf .
As it costs no money the simplest thing for you is download software and demo video and try
Machoman121

Post by Machoman121 »

Climbing......the wahoo kickr gets to be very hot - i mean very very hot at the flywheel. I wonder if the heat will eventually damage the Kickr. :oops:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Machoman121 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:51 pm Climbing......the wahoo kickr gets to be very hot - i mean very very hot at the flywheel. I wonder if the heat will eventually damage the Kickr. :oops:
That question should be asked on manufacturer's forums/tech support. We have some 3rd party trainers (including KICKR) but use those strictly for testing, not heavy usage. For my regular indoor rides I use Lynx.