Portable app - get license problem

Get answers to question about the software.
Winstaboogie

Portable app - get license problem

Post by Winstaboogie »

Hi,
I've been using the vride software on my PC and have now put it onto an SD card to use on a laptop. I put the videos in a folder on an external hard drive and everything boots up without problems except when I try to get licenses for the videos I get the message: "unknown server error". I hope you can help me solve this...
Thanks,
Neil
admin
Site Admin

Re: Portable app - get license problem

Post by admin »

Due to couple of reasons you will not be able to get license for videos placed on SD card/Networked drive. Put those on portable USB drive instead and you will be fine.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Winstaboogie

Post by Winstaboogie »

HI, actually I saved the software to the SD card and the videos to a separate portable hard drive. I have just bought another video, saved it to the external hard drive and activated the license, the new one worked but the old ones didn't. The old vids were the 4x Grand Tour de l'Ardèche. Hope you can help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you place new videos on the same drive as the old Ardeche? I reset your registration counters. Try registering Ardeche now. If for whatever reason it does not work I'll have to take a closer look. For this contact me for live help as explained in: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94 and we'll sort it out
Winstaboogie

Post by Winstaboogie »

All good now, thanks for sorting it out!
Winstaboogie

Post by Winstaboogie »

Hi there,
I've bought and downloaded some new vids and am having the same problem getting the licenses for the portable app. Grateful for your help again.
Thanks in advance,
Neil
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We have a contact form https://veloreality.com/contact/ for this kind of support. That one gets attention. Posting on forum can leave you waiting for many days sometimes. Forum is for users to discuss things and help each other mostly.

As for the subject I am not sure what is "the same problem". And what sorted it out last time "All good now, thanks for sorting it out!". If fix was the result of resetting registration counters then I just reset it again. Try it. If does not work contact me for live support as explained in: https://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94
Winstaboogie

Post by Winstaboogie »

Ok, thanks. It's all sorted now, I think the problem was at my end.
N