10 tcx files, not the joined up big one

Get answers to question about the software.
Rook

10 tcx files, not the joined up big one

Post by Rook »

I did Alpe D'Huez earlier, despite not stopping, the ride was split into 10 separate tcx files. I unified them with gotoes, works fine for Strava and Garmin, but TrainingPeaks won't take the file. Frustrating. How do you ensure that just the one overall tcx file is created for the ride? Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 10 tcx files, not the joined up big one

Post by admin »

That ride should not be split at all. I'd like to take a look at original data file. It should be located in your
FOLDER_WITH_VELOREALITY_SOFTWARE\DATA\USER_ID\RIDES folder.
Meanwhile I will test that ride myself now and see if gets split. As for TrainingPeaks (our TCX files are standard compliant and being accepted by every other software/online service). So whatever TrainingPeak does is their issue.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok I just did the ride (software version 1.5.0.125). Looks just fine and did not split. Here is a link to Strava:
https://www.strava.com/activities/1167264932

Not sure what is happening in your case. As I said send me the original file to look at or contact me for live support as explained in: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Rook

Post by Rook »

Thanks admin. My ride data isn't precisely in the same folder destination, it's been put into VRide data users 0000009968 rides_export as 10 files yesterday. Is that the data you want, or am I being a bit stupid and looking in the wrong place?
Not complaining about the tcx going into TP, the actual 10 files go in fine, just some sort of anomaly when I stitch them up using 3rd party software.
Rook

Post by Rook »

Don't worry Admin, I'm pretty sure I've found what I did wrong. I didn't start the ride in the right point, user error! Thanks for your help though.