Pressing esc

Get answers to question about the software.
Calmman

Pressing esc

Post by Calmman »

I have a Kickr snap and am usally riding West Flandern 1. When I pressed esc button on keyboard just after passing 17 km i noticed that the duration was 47min 27 sec. When opened the file in Golden Cheetah i saw that the time moving was 48:24 and the duration was 50:19. Isn't the time supposed to stop when I press esc?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pressing esc

Post by admin »

What file did you open in Golden Cheetah? File produced by our software or recorded by some other means (like Garmin device)? Also you can post your file somewhere and give me a link. If you do I can take a look at it.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Calmman

Post by Calmman »

Here is a link to two files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2kv7gae6ae2s ... GjF4a?dl=0

2017_04_12_10_54_45_R01: This is the file I explained about.

2017_03_31_13_05_54_R01 : This is another file that I also pressed esc when reached 17 km at 42:55, but as you can see it continued to run to 44:25.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Think I've found the problem. Normally users do not finish ride by hitting Esc button but rather stop pedaling and wait for trainer to report that it is no longer riding. So in your case trainer kept submitting data for a while. I changed the code to remedy this situation. Update to new version and see if it works for you.
Calmman

Post by Calmman »

Ok, thanks, I will try it out today.
Calmman

Post by Calmman »

It is working now it stops recording when pressing esc, but another question, When pressing esc key after 17 km (shown on videoscreen) it shows always a value under 17 km when analyzing in GC, this is not a big deal for me, just wondering.

I mostly compete my best performances, is it possible to have the avatars by distance and not only by segments?
Otherwise I must say I like the program very much, easy to use and great video.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When pressing esc key after 17 km (shown on videoscreen) it shows always a value under 17 km when analyzing in GC, this is not a big deal for me, just wondering.

Small differences here are expected due to some tech reasons not really worth diving into (at least from my point of view).

I mostly compete my best performances, is it possible to have the avatars by distance and not only by segments?

This is planned feature. Not sure about time frame but it will come.

Otherwise I must say I like the program very much, easy to use and great video.

Thank you. Some people say just that while others say that it is incredibly complex/confusing. I am curious about what causing such big difference in opinions and whether it is possible to implement user interface that everyone would be happy with.