Workout uploads

Get answers to question about the software.
HHRoadtrip

Workout uploads

Post by HHRoadtrip »

I had a curious experience with the upload of my workout from VeloReality to Strava today. Prior to the workout, I pedaled for 15-20 seconds in my Marmotte video to be sure HRM was working properly. The workout was a 5 minute warmup, 20 minutes at 115% ftp, 5 minutes easy, then another 20 minutes at ftp, then 5 minutes cool down. The .tcx upload to Strava showed three activities- the brief ride, a 34 minute activity and a 20 minute activity. Not a big deal, but the Strava record does not really reflect the I did a single, longer workout (for me), rather than two, shorter workouts. Has anyone else experienced similar fragmentation of single data files? (I tried to attach the data file, but get a message about invalid file extension.)
HHRoadtrip

Re: Workout uploads

Post by HHRoadtrip »

Oops, my error. The 17 second activity was not the brief Marmotte ride, but appears to be an interval between the 34 minute and the 20 minute workout segments. Never stopped pedaling, didn't note any drop out of signal- weird.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Workout uploads

Post by admin »

I assume that this is not the case of generic ride splitting logic in our software producing more then one TCX file out of single session as explained in:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=332&hilit=split

If you got multiple Strava activities from a single TCX file then it is weird. Must be Strava's thing. Anyways you can write me email and attach TCX file so I can take a look (copy of this post will be emailed to you so you can reply). Or upload it somewhere and post a link.
VeloReality Forum Administrator