Cycleops Magnus

Get answers to question about the software.
Jackgist

Cycleops Magnus

Post by Jackgist »

Hi there-

I am really excited to use some of your videos and downloaded the sample to test my Cycleops Magnus (Their new Ant+ Fe C & BLE Smart Trainer) but it does not seem to connect to it. Are you aware of any problems with Cycleops trainers?

Thank you!
schaubut

Re: Cycleops Magnus

Post by schaubut »

Hi Jack,

I am considering purchasing a Cycleops Magnus trainer. I would like to know if you had success in getting this to work with Velo Reality.
Also, would like to know if the software controls the trainer like zwift. When the video displays a hill does the software control the trainer to increase or decrease the resistance. Moreover if you increase your speed on the trainer does it affect the video?

This may be a little naive of questions but it is something that is important to me.

Thanks for your input in advance.
mac

Re: Cycleops Magnus

Post by mac »

As far as I can tell, there isn't any reason it shouldn't work as it is ANT+ FE-C (as well as Bluetooth). It is advertised to work with both Rouvy and Zwift. The Magnus provides power data and resistance control. Not sure if it provides speed, but you need a separate cadence sensor. There are a number of dual ANT+ and Bluetooth combo speed/cadence sensors. I use the Wahoo Blue SC combo sensor with Velo Reality and it works fine.
MAC
Bellingham, WA USA