Software not responding

Get answers to question about the software.
brendanm

Software not responding

Post by brendanm »

I added my latest video purchases to my hard drive over the weekend and opened up the software this morning. Everything seemed fine as usual as I could see my new purchases in my list of videos but needed to activate the licences.

I clicked to open the window to activate the licences, added my password but when I clicked to activate instead of going down the list activating the videos one by one the software immediately shut down. I've reopened the software but when I click on the video tab the video the software hang and doesn't respond.

I've tried deleting the v_ride data file, then tried uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling the software but even with a fresh install it continues to hang when I click on the video tab.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. That I'm spending more time trying to get the software to work than riding the bike was the reason I moved away from my previous software.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Software not responding

Post by admin »

brendanm wrote:I added my latest video purchases to my hard drive over the weekend and opened up the software this morning. Everything seemed fine as usual as I could see my new purchases in my list of videos but needed to activate the licences.

I clicked to open the window to activate the licences, added my password but when I clicked to activate instead of going down the list activating the videos one by one the software immediately shut down. I've reopened the software but when I click on the video tab the video the software hang and doesn't respond.

I've tried deleting the v_ride data file, then tried uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling the software but even with a fresh install it continues to hang when I click on the video tab.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. That I'm spending more time trying to get the software to work than riding the bike was the reason I moved away from my previous software.

Well, lots of things can happen on PC. Contact me for live support as explained in: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=94 and we'll sort you out. Normally takes few minutes
VeloReality Forum Administrator
hansbeeman

Post by hansbeeman »

I have the exact same problem.
Working yesterday with the Paterberg demo video.
Downloaded the 4k test video today and placed this in the videos folder. After getting the licence, clicking on the video button hangs the program.
Re-installing does not fix the problem.

By the way: 4 k videos not playing on my PC. PC too old for this. Bad luck for now
hansbeeman

Post by hansbeeman »

Solved by contacting support.
Version 100 contained a small glitch, which prevented to open the video section.
Solved in version 101.
Thanks

Hans
brendanm

Post by brendanm »

I looked at the live support options but unfortunately phoning isn't a practical option and neither is Skype as the pc I'm using doesn't have a mic or camera. I have installed Team Viewer In anitcipation.

UPDATE: Have you been fiddling at your end? I just received an update I wasn't previously receiving and when I clicked on the Video tab the video directory reappeared. A quick change to my external Hard drive and all the videos are there and I'm able to retrieve the licences.

A thank you for anything you might have done.
hansbeeman

Post by hansbeeman »

I contacted support via Skype and teamviewer. They realized that there was a small bug in the latest version and they changed it on the spot and made version 101 a few minutes ago.

All working now.

Hans
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

brendanm wrote:I looked at the live support options but unfortunately phoning isn't a practical option and neither is Skype as the pc I'm using doesn't have a mic or camera. I have installed Team Viewer In anitcipation.

UPDATE: Have you been fiddling at your end? I just received an update I wasn't previously receiving and when I clicked on the Video tab the video directory reappeared. A quick change to my external Hard drive and all the videos are there and I'm able to retrieve the licences.

A thank you for anything you might have done.
1) You can still type in Skype and that is way faster then exchanging email. For future you might consider mike/cam anyways. Those cost pennies and at some point we might be introducing live chat option for group rides

2) Teamviewer in anticipation: I have to know your Teamviewer contact info (id/pwd) and that you're online and waiting for me. If you do not relay that info to me I could do nothing. Again. Contact by Skype and type it in if you do not have mike/cam

3) Yes the second user with the same problem reported it in the same thread then contacted me on Skype and Teamviewer and it was fixed and official update was posted. You are seeing the results of this update. All took few minutes.

Now some wishes:

1) PLEASE DO USE LIVE SUPPORT when you can not make software work for whatever reason. It is so much faster and easier. Exchanging messages on forums can take ages and usually gives me ZERO ideas about what is really going on.

2) PROBLEMS LIKE THIS ARE BETTER BE REPORTED BY CONTACT FORM ON OUR WEBSITE. Forum is normally a place for people to help each other. There is no guaranteed time when I decide to look at forum. Could be days. Meanwhile contact form sends me email and this one is acted upon either immediately or at least very fast.
VeloReality Forum Administrator