Free Ride Mode During Video Workouts

Get answers to question about the software.
CraigUK

Free Ride Mode During Video Workouts

Post by CraigUK »

Would it be possible to use free ride mode whilst riding a video route i.e. just like being in ergo mode.

Odd request however I'm looking for a workaround for an issue I have with my KikrSnap. The problem I have appears to be a generic kikr snap issue rather than an issue with my unit. When climbing uphill and with the trainer offering high resistance and a low gear the power reading is very innacurate i.e. I can be in my bottom gear pushing hard and be barely able to generate 200W. I have the same issue with Zwift as do others with the snap.

My workaround with zwift was to turn the trainer variable resistance off so that when going up a hill the resistance doesn't change. On zwift this works well as I can easily generate 300-400W when doing hills and as it does it's speed calculation on power, weight and gradient it works a treat.

I love your software but can't ride it using the snap because of this issue. Free-ride when in video mode would fix it as would be the ability to reduce trainer difficulty.

Thanks,

Craig
admin
Site Admin

Re: Free Ride Mode During Video Workouts

Post by admin »

Download user guide from http://www.veloreality.com/exs_v_ride/v ... l_v1.0.pdf and look at section 5.4 - Grade reduction. It is equivalent of Zwift's "trainer difficulty" setting just a bit more sophisticated. This will scale down road grades but your speed will still be calculated correctly
VeloReality Forum Administrator
CraigUK

Post by CraigUK »

Many thanks for the swift reply, will give this a go :)
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

CraigUK wrote:Many thanks for the swift reply, will give this a go :)

You can also do the same as Zwift if you have Ant+ speed sensor just turn off the Kickr as a connected VR trainer in the settings & go to the manual dumb trainer selection list where you will see over 400 dumb (not VR) trainers to pick from...you can make your own power profile in this section & use the trainer just like a cheapo one until you can get it replaced. If you had the higher end reglular Kickr you would not have that as an option as you would not have a rear wheel. if you go this route remember to always use the same break setting!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

VeloReality Video wrote:

You can also do the same as Zwift if you have Ant+ speed sensor just turn off the Kickr as a connected VR trainer in the settings & go to the manual dumb trainer selection list where you will see over 400 dumb (not VR) trainers to pick from...you can make your own power profile in this section & use the trainer just like a cheapo one until you can get it replaced. If you had the higher end reglular Kickr you would not have that as an option as you would not have a rear wheel. if you go this route remember to always use the same break setting!
Turning smart trainer into dumb makes no sense as there is already better option mentioned above. Replacing trainer will not help as it is generic problem of Snap trainers from what I understand
VeloReality Forum Administrator
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

admin wrote:
VeloReality Video wrote:

Turning smart trainer into dumb makes no sense as there is already better option mentioned above. Replacing trainer will not help as it is generic problem of Snap trainers from what I understand
You have to read his post, on his trainer he can only generate 2/3 of his regular power, so to get round that he turns it off in Zwift & uses it as a dumb trainer. I only said he could also do the same.