Grade recuction - Video Speed

Get answers to question about the software.
gronch10

Grade recuction - Video Speed

Post by gronch10 »

Hi, I love the videos and the scenery - especially in the Alpes.

But now in Winter I want to ride only on a low pulse level for the basics. No chase, competition, anything.
Therefore I use Grade reduction, that properly changes the resistance of my BKOOl Trainer, that works. o.k.

But for me it seems, that the video speed is based on the simulation without grade reduction.
That leads to the situation, that I ride Alpe d Huez in slow motion, what doesn't look so fine on the screen.
I understand that you simulate with weight and power - and of course the calculation seems feasible.
Am I right : I understand that the simulation Videospeed is based on the original elevation level?

Nevertheless you show both figures on the screen. And you have a function "eliminate descents".

Is it possible to get an additional Switch in the Menu "grade reduction" to calculate the video speed on
the 2nd figure (for ex. [10,3]5% - in this case on 5%) ?
Otherwise I am afraid I will never ever again get up to Alpe dHuez, not even in Virtual reality.

P.S. as a work around I changed my weight to anorexic weight. But that seems to bring unrealistic
feeling on descent.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Grade recuction - Video Speed

Post by admin »

There is another option. It was not really meant for that but will work for you.
Set your FTP to some lower number and engage "Group mode" before the ride.
Your speed will be calculated based on YOUR_REAL_POWERx200/YOUR_FTP.

The detailed explanation is here:
https://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic ... =321#p1539
VeloReality Forum Administrator