4K video decoding

Get answers to question about the software.
mfallon

4K video decoding

Post by mfallon »

Recently bought a 65" 4k television in anticipation of the new 4k videos. I have a GeForce GTX 970 with 4GB ram and it has no problems powering the TV at 4k resolution and it runs your 4k demo video flawlessly in VLC player. However in the v-ride software the 4k video isn't visible (just a black screen) with hardware decoding turned on or off. One question I have is if your software requires H.265 for hardware decoding or is H.264 sufficient. My card supports PureVideo HD 6 and H.264 but not H.265. I would like to get this working with my existing card if possible. Also I will be demoing the software to a couple friends this weekend that are interested with one of them ready to get a smart trainer and some videos once they see it working in person.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 4K video decoding

Post by admin »

Found the reason. You are using Windows 7 and unfortunately our software can not decode 4K videos on Windows 7
VeloReality Forum Administrator
mfallon

Post by mfallon »

Ugh. I guess I'll have to do the free Windows 10 upgrade. Not a fan of Windows 10 but I only use that machine for games, media and VRide so maybe it won't be so bad. I'll try it this weekend and see if that works. Thanks for the great support.

Matt
rgurney

Post by rgurney »

Unless I am mistaken, the free Windows 10 Upgrade is no longer available - you have to pay for it now.
mfallon

Post by mfallon »

Rgourney, your not mistaken but I had a Windows 10 upgrade installer from a Windows 8.1 install I upgraded and have running in a VM on a Ubuntu host. So I ran that updater on the native Windows 7 machine and it updated fine. Took a while to get wireless and a few other things working that worked before but worth the pain because that fixed the problem. I'm now viewing glorious 4k on a 65" TV. The difference is pretty stunning. Thanks again for help. Didn't realize until I had to retrieve the licenses again that I have 38 videos. Now have to start collecting 4k as soon as some more options are released. I'll let you know how the demo goes tomorrow.
rgurney

Post by rgurney »

Mfallon - Certainly agree with that. I love all the available 4K rides so far and am looking forward to the forthcoming European 4K rides. Enjoy.
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

rgurney wrote:Mfallon - Certainly agree with that. I love all the available 4K rides so far and am looking forward to the forthcoming European 4K rides. Enjoy.
will PM you if I have some 4k ready to test.