Power fluctuates

Get answers to question about the software.
pGolay

Power fluctuates

Post by pGolay »

Hi all - Raining hard in the North-West so I fired up VR, updated, updated my Kickr firmware... all is working except the power read out when riding with a video - the power shows as swinging over a range of 50-100 watts on a consistent grade with consistent rpm and effort - even on flat or downhill (which I set VR to ignore, which I assume means it treats as flat). The upper end of the range seems about the expected number but it falls off - not suddenly but still fairly quickly - and then climbs back, holds for a bit, falls to some different number, etc.
Connection being lost? Any ideas?

thanks.

-Pascal
admin
Site Admin

Re: Power fluctuates

Post by admin »

pGolay wrote:Hi all - Raining hard in the North-West so I fired up VR, updated, updated my Kickr firmware... all is working except the power read out when riding with a video - the power shows as swinging over a range of 50-100 watts on a consistent grade with consistent rpm and effort - even on flat or downhill (which I set VR to ignore, which I assume means it treats as flat). The upper end of the range seems about the expected number but it falls off - not suddenly but still fairly quickly - and then climbs back, holds for a bit, falls to some different number, etc.
Connection being lost? Any ideas?

thanks.

-Pascal
In case you use any other ANT+ sensors (HR/Cadence/PM,etc) unpair them from the software and test again. If software was ever paired to some ANT+ sensor and this sensor is currently inactive/low battery/absent it will cause software to continuously scan for it and it will interrupt communications with your trainer.

Alternatively you might just have severe signal loss. There are threads discussing signal loss:
https://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45
https://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35
probably some others as well

Also you might try using any other software (just make sure it uses ANT+ not BLE for communication with your KICKR) and see if it has the same problem.
VeloReality Forum Administrator