Power on Video

Get answers to question about the software.
bobr666

Power on Video

Post by bobr666 »

I recently bought my first video to use with VeloReality. I have a Tacx Bushido Smart.

I'm finding that the power output is not realistic when I use the video (Marmotte pt 4, Alpe d'Huez). This is in contrast to much more realistic power when I look at the ANT search page and when I use workouts (I have several years experience of using a Powertap on my bike etc).

For example, the power level (and consequent speed) seems to max out at around 71W. I know that I am putting out several times more than this.

What could be causing this?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Power on Video

Post by admin »

I am not sure how is this possible as in case of Smart Trainers the software takes power reported by trainer. Also I assume that you tried software with free demo video as well, was the power realistic?

Do you have any other device, like Garmin head unit, ANT+ capable Samsung phone that can measure power from your Bushido when you ride videos. If yes can you check if power reported by software and by head unit is significantly different? Also do you use separate power meter?

In any case I think I'd like to take closer look at what is happening with your system. Contact me for live help as explained in:
https://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=94
VeloReality Forum Administrator
bobr666

Post by bobr666 »

Thanks, I'll try another couple of checks. I have a Powertap and will see if I can get it fitted to the trainer to see what the differences are.

Bob
Almspuffer

Post by Almspuffer »

Hi Bob

Just to reassure you, I have a tacx smart trainer and the power reads are reasonably accurate. The free Patenburg video is a good test as you will stop at anything under 200 watts on the 9% climb.

One thing you need to realise is the speed readng displayed is not governed by the trainer, it is based on an algorithm related to the power the trainer reports and the slope etc. This works very well as you get an idea of the speed you would actually do on the climb. In my case regularly under 5 mph!

Cheers Martin
bobr666

Post by bobr666 »

I was having trouble on other apps as well and so was able to persuade my other half that Christmas should come early, and I now have a Wahoo Kickr. The difference between that and the Tacx Bushido is like night and day. Software seems to be working as I expect now, although I haven't done an extensive ride, but I've done enough to suggest the problem was the trainer, not the software.