V-Ride 1.5.0.74 crashes at the end of a ride

Get answers to question about the software.
Bradox78

V-Ride 1.5.0.74 crashes at the end of a ride

Post by Bradox78 »

At the end of a ride, when the video stops and starts again from beginning, V-Ride 1.5.0.74 crashes (Windows message : V-Ride executable is not responding).

The problem is recurrent for all videos I tried so far (Col de la Madone, Lago d'Iseo, Cap Corse part 1, Col de Turini, etc.).

I have an "old" v1.3.0.50 installed in a separate folder that I keep as a backup version. Everything's OK with this version.

Another thing I noticed concerning the management of the cooling fan of the Lynx Trainer. Previously, once the fan had started during a hard session (climbing a pass for example), it continued to run without interruption until I quit and close V-ride. I have got into the habbit, after a ride, not to quit immediatly V-Ride and to let the fan run until it stops automatically when the Lynx has cooled down.

Now,the fan stops to run when I switch to the SETTINGS screen and, sometimes but not always, starts again when I switch back to the VIDEO screen or to the WORKOUT screen.

Again, this does not happen when using the v1.3.0.50.
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
admin
Site Admin

Re: V-Ride 1.5.0.74 crashes at the end of a ride

Post by admin »

At the end of a ride, when the video stops and starts again from beginning, V-Ride 1.5.0.74 crashes (Windows message : V-Ride executable is not responding).

Fixed in version 1.5.0.75

Now,the fan stops to run when I switch to the SETTINGS screen and, sometimes but not always, starts again when I switch back to the VIDEO screen or to the WORKOUT screen.

This is actually new correct behavior except one small thing that I will investigate further down the road. You should not be concerned about it anyways. But I'd like you to contact me over the Skype in regards to this (poukhov_kostya)
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Bradox78

Post by Bradox78 »

Thank you Kostya for the quick fix ! ;)

I'll contact you in the coming days regarding the Lynx cooling fan behavior (in the evening for me in France (UTC+2), so in the afternoon for you).

Since the Zotac mini-PC I used for the V-Ride simulation is totally dedicated to this, Skype is not installed on it (I have it only on my "regular" laptop). Do I need to have it installed on this machine ?
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Since the Zotac mini-PC I used for the V-Ride simulation is totally dedicated to this, Skype is not installed on it (I have it only on my "regular" laptop). Do I need to have it installed on this machine ?

Teamviewer on PC where you run V-Ride. Skype can be anywhere. Does not matter.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Bradox78

Post by Bradox78 »

Just had time to ride the Col de la Madone yesterday morning after having updated to 1.50.77.

The behavior of the cooling fan seems to have returned to the initial one : no interruption while switching between the different screens of V-Ride.
Any modification done in this regard ?

Confirmation : "When at the end of the ride video rolls over and Hardware Video Acceleration in Performance settings set to partial the software may hang." => bug fixed. ;)